Author Topic: O/T Jonathan Harris aka "Dr. Zachary Smith"  (Read 4726 times)

Offline The charming Mr. Blair

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: O/T Jonathan Harris aka "Dr. Zachary Smith"
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2002, 05:48:37 PM »
Thank you very much for your kind word regarding my loss of my dear cat Willie. Wille had a life long urinary track problem (although this is not what did him in). This ment lots of special attention and care. This made the bond even greater. However was was very strong and I marveled at his athleticism. In his prime he was a trim 13 pound cat. I believed he could have weighed 18-20 and would not have been obease.
He died at 5 pounds. A few more days and he would have lost his dignity, but that did not happen.
I still have his litter-mate, Molly, who to me is feline perfection
Thank you for your well wishes,
Brian
I must go. However, I shalln't be long.
 Good day everyone!

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2002, 06:24:44 PM »
Yendor and The Charming Mr. Blair:

So sad to hear about your recent respective losses.  Glad that you had such sweet kitties for the years you shared.  May they always live in your memories.

Cassandra B
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline yendor

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2002, 07:29:21 PM »
Thanks, Cassandra B (I assume there's also a Cassandra "A" running around here somewhere!). Like Brian's pet, my kitty lost weight alarmingly. Last December, she weighed a healthy 11 pounds, and this Labor Day, she weighed 5 pounds. She felt like a feather in my arms. It was a tough decision, but I knew it would come one day...and I had to do right by my loving pet.

When I look back on her life, I remember the early days most clearly. She was so incredibly rambunctious and never lost that playful "kitten" demeanor. Plus, Saphy was vocal, which I love. My sister has a Persian cat who's "silent," or so it seems to me...!  I'm also a "hands-on" pet owner who believes in playing and inter-acting with his animals. Not a day went by where I didn't tell my pet how much I loved her. And now, she's gone...but at least I know she had a wonderful life and more than probably outlived all her siblings.

Rod

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2002, 11:10:25 PM »
To Rod and Brian, you both have my sympathy.  I tend to stay up late and often the house cat, Thumbelina (she's the real ruler in our house; we just live there because she enjoys our company) is often the only one around when it's empty and quiet.  Her tranquility and playful joie-de-vivre have beguiled many an otherwise dull hour.

I hope that your memories will bring you both some consolation.

Steve

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2002, 11:49:49 PM »
Bri & Rod - my deepest sympathies go out to you (and to all who have lost their babies). I became a first-time cat owner a few years ago. A friend had to give Yoda up and I took him in. I grew up in a cat-avoiding family, and was taught that a cat simply can not be trusted. I got so lucky in that I adopted the most wonderful easy-goinng cat on the planet. I loved him so much that he changed my perceptions and I took in two strays (much to his majesty's dismay) a year or so later. We're all one big happy family now. I know one day they'll be gone and the thought just kills me. I'm so sorry for your pain as I know it must be 1000 times worse than just the thought.

Sincerely,
dom

Offline RingoCollins

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2002, 12:04:08 AM »
Brian and Rod, my sympathy too - there is nothing like our furry friends!  [find yer local humane society!!]

and Dom! what a herd!!

here is one of our Felix!

http://www.mindspring.com/~winston9/DoggyPhotos/Felix4.jpg

cheers,
Ringo [jester]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2002, 12:53:13 AM »

What a cutie! Great shot, too!

dom

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2002, 07:56:17 AM »

Rod and Brian, I too want to extend my sympathies for the loss of your kitties.  "Original" Minja went to the Rainbow Bridge a few years back and that devastated me.  She was a beautiful calico and had tufts on her ears which suggested she may have had Turkish Angora somewhere in her lineage.  She would come when I whistled and would jump in my arms and give lavish "kitty kisses".  During the last years of her life my husband, who loved her too, developed horrible cat allergies and we now have a cat free house (grumble).
But we do have 4 Shetland Sheepdogs.   (overcompensate much?)  Jody, Chelsea, Monkey, and Buzz. (See how I worked the DS topic here?)  I've shown Jody and Chelsea to their AKC Companion Dog titles.  Buzz will start training next year.  I am Buzz's breeder and also owned his Mom, my beloved Brie.  Tragically, a cartiledge embolism went to her spine when she was 2 1/2, paralyzing her.  I had to send her to the Bridge, a day I still haven't fully come to terms with.  The 2 year anniversary of her passing was Oct. 18th.  I see a lot of her in her son.  Her expressive eyes, her joy of living and love of flying (these dogs don't jump, they fly!)  Anyway, fellas, my heart goes out to you....those little guys really are family aren't they?

Ringo I really love little Felix!  Esp. love that eyeliner thing he's got going!  A very attractive quality of tabbies!
Oh and Dom....whoa!  What a beautiful group shot!  Esp. love Yoda's deep seal point masking.....totally beautiful!  I have always loved Siamese cats!  I bet Bobbie and Yoda can be quite vocal too!

Everyone hug your pets esp. close tonite!
[/color]
[shadow=purple,left,300]
Always The Animal Lover, Minja[/shadow]
[/size]

And rest well Jonathan Harris.  You will be greatly missed.
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2002, 10:51:26 AM »
dom Wrote:
PS - Here's a pic of my babies. I hope it makes you smile...
DOM'S BROOD

Dom, They are all just adorable!!! I have four myself and the one on the left looks exactly like my "Stinky"  Im so glad there are so many cat lovers on here!  They are my little "Angels with fur!"  Thanks for posting!

This is gorgeous Ringo!  And Felix look just like my "Baby Brow"  What a cute face!!

Rod, Brian  Minja, sorry to hear of your losses.
These animals are just like part of the family to us.
You never forget them.  I lost my FiFi some time ago, She was a beautiful Angora orange & white cat and to this day I still think of her, but with time it does get better. I know this sounds strange but once in awhile when Im sitting here alone, I swear I can see her darting past me.  She'll always be in my heart!
"Calamity Jane"

Offline yendor

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2002, 03:49:26 PM »
Cassandra, I cannot tell you how many times I've experienced the same thing as you--out of the corner of my eye, I think I see my little pet.  Or I'll come across something of her's--a toy, a brush with her hair on it--and I'll get the weirdest feeling. The other night, I was at my computer (where she would always demand the most attention), and I turned--for a brief second, I thought I saw her lying on my bed! I think these moments are our pet's way of letting us know they're still here, they're still very much a part of our lives.

And Minja, I'm glad you brought up Rainbow Bridge. When my cat was first diagnosed with Diabetes, all the info I found on the net was pretty dismal. One of the things that lifted my spirit was Rainbow Bridge, a beautiful essay that I recommend to anyone and everyone who's ever lost a loved pet.  When I read it initially, the tears were running down my cheeks--and my cat was still alive! Later, after she'd gone, I read it again...and instead of crying, I found peace.  It's a very effective tribute to a loved one.

Thanks for all your kind remarks, everyone. I'm grateful!

Rod

Offline Stuart

• Full Poster
  • Can you smell chips?
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Journal Online
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2002, 10:22:42 PM »
Reading through this thread, and also thinking of Dennis Patrick's recent passing, I thought you all might enjoy this:

http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com | The Dark Shadows News Page
http://www.collinwood.net | Visit the Dark Shadows Journal Online

Offline Bobubas

• Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2002, 11:11:31 PM »
Reading through this thread, and also thinking of Dennis Patrick's recent passing, I thought you all might enjoy this:

Great idea Stuart. Beautiful photo!!
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2002, 07:17:34 AM »
OMG, Stuart, that's so touching.  Thank you!

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2002, 07:29:02 AM »

Wow!  What a great pic!  I've always loved that episode of Lost In Space with Dennis as Keema, The Golden Man!
Thanks for posting it Stuart!

[shadow=purple,left,300]
Always, Minja ;)
[/shadow]
[/size]
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2002, 11:36:06 AM »
This was simply beautiful Stuart!!  A lovely & sentimental picture of the both of them!

Thanks for posting this! :-)
"Calamity Jane"