Author Topic: What was the first  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Ricky101

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Lucille Ball Online
What was the first
« on: January 23, 2004, 11:05:30 PM »
What was the first storyline you ever saw?  I first saw the 1897 ones, and they're my favorite.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:What was the first
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2004, 01:22:48 AM »
For me, like I said in another thread, I saw it from the very first storyline, when Vicki arrived at Collinwood, when the show premiered in 1966.

Gerard

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2004, 03:52:54 AM »
I first started watching around 25 episodes before the show went to 1795. In those 25 episodes, Julia and Barnabas 'disposed' of Dr. Woodard and Julia thwarted Barnabas' plans to have Vicki fall in love with him.

Offline Ricky101

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Lucille Ball Online
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2004, 03:57:44 AM »
I think those are the second ones I saw, and they're my favorite! :D Hey..VictoriaWinters, are you sean Snow from Sitcoms Online?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2004, 04:49:10 AM »
I first started watching DS in September 1967, just before Willie was thought to be Maggie's kidnapper and shipped off to Windcliff. I didn't see from episode #210 up to that point until those episodes were shown in syndication in 1976. And I didn't see the pre-Barn episodes until I watched them on Sci-Fi in 1995.

Offline coterie-mc

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Dark Shadows Collectiables
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2004, 03:04:44 PM »
Started watching DS during the 1795 storyline,  a local station was showing DS at 11 p.m. back in 1976-77. i picked it up a few episodes before Angelique placed the vampire curse on Barnabas, i remember this because the tv station messed up and ran this episode two nights in a row.

Offline scottd

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2004, 09:40:32 PM »
I first started watching about ten years ago on the Sci Fi Channel during The Dream Curse storyline. I wasn't sure what to think at first, but before long I was hooked and watching every day!

Offline murph

• Full Poster
  • I love Dark Shadows!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2004, 09:52:34 PM »
As stated in a previous post I don't really remember when I began to watch. However, having now seen the entire run of the show through for the first time, I believe it was the "Quentin haunting of Collinwood" in late '68, early '69.  I do remember this part of the show when I was a child and I have no memory of the "Victoria Winters" character and she was written out of the show just before the "Quentin haunting" storyline.

Murph

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2004, 11:41:18 PM »
Welcome, scottd. [wave] It's great to see you posting!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2004, 03:50:33 AM »
The only thing(s) I can remember during original run were the opening credits/ocean waves crashing with the Gothic lettering (waiting for my big sister to get home); I was 3ish, so all I knew was that it was cool to watch (and, again, the opening was cool).

Then...I must have been home sick 1-2 days, because for all my growing up life, whenever the topic of DS would come up, I'd say, "Yeah, and the headless guy". No one ever knew what I was referring to, and for quite a while, I figured I had a "Faulty DS Memory" ::) but am quite glad that I knew!!

I really started watching full-fledged during '99; this was towards the beginning of 1795.

Which is really great; it explained 'Barnabas'; introduced  :-* Angelique and  :-* :-* :-* Ben.

It's been all the way baby since then!!!!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2004, 09:53:48 AM »
First storyline I remember following from beginning to end was the Leviathan story (I was only about 7 years old). But I'd watched various episodes prior to that. The funny thing is, in every disjointed episode I saw prior to that, Grayson Hall was particularly memorable and mesmerizing.
My 1st episode ever was in the summer of '68: Julia kicked everyone out of the Drawing Room so she could examine the decrepit, aged Angelique, whom she had just vowed to shoot and kill with a pistol she snatched from Barnabas. When that episode wrapped up, it looked as if Julia had pushed Angelique out the window! At the tender age of 6, I thought "this woman means business."
Then I didn't watch it again until New Years Eve of '69. This time, Julia was slapping a crazed Joe Haskell in the face, and saving a kidnapped little Amy from his madness. So by the time I settled in to watch Julia take on the Leviathans in late '69, I knew she was up for the challenge.