Author Topic: dark dream house  (Read 1418 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
dark dream house
« on: April 12, 2005, 12:56:40 AM »
let's try this.

an eccentric millionaire(and d.s. fanatic)has left you his fortune.there is however a stipulation in the will.

he wants a special house to be built.he wants you to build a house comprised of five sets from the show.the most skilled craftsmen will be employed,using the finest materials(real mahogany panelling,silk damask draperies,leaded glass windows)and specific to the most minute detail.
the rooms do not have to have come from the same original structure or from the same time period.you can mix-and-match your favorite sets to create your own dark dream home.there will be a small kitchen and bathroom but these five rooms will be the main living spaces.
seen from the outside it will appear to be a normal,contemporary house.only you and those you invite in will know.

i would choose the collinwood foyer and drawing room,josette's room,laura's cottage and the main room of the evans' cottage.

what rooms would you pick?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: dark dream house
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 02:40:56 AM »
I would choose Collinwood's foyer (complete with stained glass window and portrait of Barnabas ;) ), but the drawing room would be the one at the old house.

For bedrooms, I would have Victoria's at Collinwood (complete with secret panel) and Josette's at the old house (which would be mine, I adore it :) ) . I would also include Quentin's room in my house.

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 04:03:00 AM »
An actual set for my house would be the Collinwood basement with all its' cobwebs, boxes of old books, and other junk to explore. Another set would be Josette's room.

But the real inspiration for my dark shadows dream house would not be a real set but the Old House as it was as described by Barnabas to Vicky. He described the plaster walls as made from crushed clam shells, the chandelier brought from France, wallpaper designed by a Belgian artist, the parquet floor installed by an Italian craftsman, the cornices and moldings by a Spanish craftsman. It must have been very grand.
[/size][/font] 8)
MM

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 05:12:02 AM »
Collinwood Foyer

Collinwood drawing room

Roger's bedroom

The study

Secret room in mausoleum (including facade, which would be in the foyer, under the landing)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 12:35:43 AM »
i like the collinwood study too...i feel like it disappears after awhile but maybe i just haven't seen it lately.

roger was given a very fancy bedroom set during the cassandra story.when the room reappears later it's much smaller.they changed people's bedrooms around alot and probably thought no one would notice.
when various characters stay at the evan's cottage in 1968 they de-do maggie's room as a guest bedroom and act like maggie's room was someplace else ::).
i think that vicki,carolyn,david and liz are the only characters who always have the same rooms.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2005, 04:46:37 AM »
Ooo what a fun idea!

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 04:59:55 AM »
Damn! Sorry, hit the post button before I had a chance to write anything!

Inside the front door would lead to the Collinwood foyer. Just have to have it, it's a staple. (Need that portrait of Barnabas and the grandfather clock.

The main foyer doors would lead to the Collinwood drawing room, complete with the hidden passage to the west wing, in this case Quentin's room on the second floor.

The door under the stairs in the foyer would lead to the kitchen & bathroom and the door at the end of the landing upstairs would lead to Quentin's room (sealed off with the only entrance in the foyer), the room to parallel time (imagine the mischief you could get into if you could move between dimensions!) and Quentin's stairway to time. (Imagine the fun of traveling through different time periods?)

Offline AndreDuPres

• Full Poster
  • I don't know, Barnabas. I just don't know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 07:42:08 PM »
I'd love to have the Collinwood foyer (I've always loved those stained glass windows), Dr. Lang's lab, 1970 PT room (just gotta love that Angie portrait), Quentin's room 1897, and that room adjacent to Quentin's room in 1897 (I like the windows and the bookcases--too bad it's trashed by Edith's ghost).
A few honourable mentions include the Rose Cottage Drawing room, Buffie Harrington's apartment (I remember it looked rather upscale and Victorian, though I haven't seen it for 2 years), the rectory, and Nicholas' drawing room.  I always loved the sets and how familiar places changed with the times.

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 05:07:06 AM »
I would like to have the tower room, all the hidden passages, Vickie's, David's Amy's, Quentin's and Elizabeth's bedrooms, the entire Collinwood foyer put in the Old House, in that way I would have the perfect  Collins residence experience. ^-^
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 10:48:47 AM »
I say that people must set about making such houses for us immediately.   For free.     Just because we're such great and deserving people.

I was going to say never the drawing room, under any circumstances, since I'm sick to death of all the action taking place there, when supposedly this is a huge mansion with, I don't know, hundreds of rooms?    But, how many other rooms would be familiar enough for us to want them, and you sort of have to have it.   So, reluctantly, the drawing room and postage-stamp-size foyer (as DC put it).    Quentin's room would be atmospheric and cozy.    The Old House main room, though the pastel 1795 version might not do.     The basement home of the coffin, maybe.   Then (did we get 5 choices?   Let's say 6) it's up for grabs betwixt the gracious living room of Evan Hanley, or the gracious Collinsport lair of Count Petofi.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2005, 11:11:21 AM »
All this assumes that the eccentric millionnaire doesn't stipulate that the appropriate DS characters will actually walk into the rooms once they're built.   This is reasonable, since very few rich guys have the power to make crap like that happen.    Let's say though that in parallel 2005 they do.     I go there, and then include as one of my five? allotted rooms...

Either Megan Todd's room when she was a guest at Collinwood after the Barneypyromania incident, or better yet if possible, the Todds' bedroom at the shop pre-Jebez, providing yet another improbable stipulation stipulates that a magical force-field a la the one that keeps people from interacting with Parallel-Time types keeps the husband out of the room.   The constant thread holding this together here is Megan Todd.     Mind you, I wouldn't want to alarm her or anything, or exert unwelcome pressure or anything, but on the other hand, if I just happened to be a relatively unavoidable presence in her everyday life....

Yes, I know we never even got to see their bedroom down at the antique shop.   I don't care.   I have other things on my mind, besides continuity and whatnot.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline AMKR

• See the devil in my soul...
    • View Profile
    • Kill Musick - Your Source For Horror Influenced Rap Music
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2005, 04:08:06 AM »
Collinswood Foyer for sure. I love the whole layout of it, its perfect.
"Night seeps into light
I am not allowed to bite
I can only wish for it...
I can only wait for the moment of...

In the backseat of my Hearse
We quit out the talking
The moon reveals its curse...

In the backseat of my hearse
we quit out the talking
The moon reveals our curse..."