Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0200  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Discuss - Ep #0200
« on: April 28, 2012, 05:16:36 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0200
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 05:21:02 AM »
Burke has been told that he was not the driver when the man was killed.  My understanding is that he wasn't 100% certain about this before.  He was pretty sure, but his memory wasn't quite clear.  So now, for the first time in ten years, he knows he didn't kill anybody.  It's got to be a good feeling, and it could be that part of the anger he felt at Roger was because he wasn't sure: he couldn't justifiably feel righteous anger because he didn't know if the anger was in fact righteous.

Jason's mean.  He's rubbing everybody's nose in the fact that he's at Collinwood and he can do anything he wants.  There's no effort to be discreet, and there's every effort to be blatant.  Maybe what Jason likes about Willie is that Willie acts out all the meanness inside Jason, and all Jason has to do is to sit and watch the fights, and say, "I'm trying to control him.  Really I am."

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 06:19:39 AM »
Burke during confession:  "Say it again, Sam!" 

Jason conveniently goes to bed just before Burke and Sam arrive, avoiding any awkward or messy cross-over between storylines three and one.

Burke may have been bellowing so loudly about his innocence because he wasn't sure deep down... a lot of people are like that.   They hypnotize themselves into believing their own story, on the surface, anyway.   It's hard not having a definitely guilty party to focus your anger on, after a 5 year jail term.  I was probably innocent just sounds so feeble.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 02:54:42 PM »
Jason's houseside matters do leave a lot to be desired, like the other day when he, a mere guest, offered Roger, a resident, a drink of his own brandy! Reminds me of when [spoiler] Nathan Forbes, after having married Millicent and preceded to drive her out of her mind, (and also offering Joshua the hospitality of Joshua's own booze!) was practically waltzing around Collinwood, having marveled at worming his way into a life of luxary, and couldn't care less what everyone else thought about him. [/spoiler] Jason has the same attitude.

I don't know...Burke's stubborn insistance that he was innocent all this time, I think he really did believe he was and wouldn't allow himself to think otherwise. It really would have to depend on how drunk he really was at the time...maybe not sober enough to be able to drive, but not quite drunk enough to have blocked everything out. We'll never know.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 06:25:38 PM »
Say it again, Sam!  [ghost_cheesy]

Poor Elizabeth--by the time Jason is done tormenting her (for now) and leaves her alone, she can barely hold back the tears. It's really painful to see her this way. But this night is far from over for her....

Offline MysticScribe

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 06:37:01 PM »
Well, at least part of bellowing Burke's Unfair Manslaughter Conviction!™ story line has been resolved with Sam coming clean to Burke. Interesting comment by Sam to Maggie about going to Collinwood; since Roger never believed he'd have the guts to tell Burke, it's worth going to see the look on Roger's face. I suppose Sam thinks that if he's going to do a stretch in stir, he'll have the satisfaction of having stuck it to Roger before hitting the hoosegow.

Jason is loathsome. Sprawled out, brandy in hand, with his feet on the sofa, like he's lord of the manor. Smug, demanding, manipulative, arrogant son-of-a-b—h.
"I think I'll just go into Collinsport and get drunk." ~ Tim Shaw

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 04:42:00 AM »
We finally learn what happened to mrs. Evans and she to went to the great hospital in Boston, but her outcome was not triumphant as Elizabeth's.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 03:09:25 PM »
Yes, and even worse, because poor Sam is only a freelance artist, of course he didn't have health insurance.

Watching Project

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 07:31:05 PM »
The Robservations caps for this ep have finally been posted.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 08:17:21 PM »
The other day in the Depp/DS topic I was mentioning how I love some of the looks Joan Bennett's Liz throws the other characters. And I keep forgetting to post that I love this look that she throws Jason in this ep:

It's priceless!  [ghost_wink]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 08:19:53 PM »
I am still awaiting the episode where Joan takes a sip of java and has a most disgusting expression on her face.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 06:46:44 PM »
That's great, MB!