Author Topic: OT: Remembering 9/11  (Read 961 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
OT: Remembering 9/11
« on: September 11, 2008, 02:28:58 PM »
I just wanted to start this thread to say that I am remembering those who lost their lives in the 9/11 attacks.  This is by no means a political topic or platform. Just a simple remembrance of all affected by the terrorist attacks and the loved ones who were lost.  My thoughts and prayers are with all the people affected by the events of 9/11. 
[Candle]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

David

Re: OT: Remembering 9/11
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 05:27:54 PM »
On 9/11/01 I was still on the East Coast, in Hoboken NJ.
My building was about 1 & 1/2 miles across the river from the towers.
I saw the smoke rising.
34 Hoboken residents, including 2 who lived on my block, died that day.

9/11 made living in the area impossible for me, so I moved back to San Francisco.

The whole event hits even closer to home for me because
I'm half Israeli, half Syrian.
I've been on both sides of the fence regarding the Middle East conflict.
Neither side's issues make a lick of sense to me.
We're all human, we all breathe the same air.

Surely we can stop killing each other and live side by side in peace.

David

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 05:36:15 PM »
My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families of this terrible time.
                Love Anne [ghost_sad]
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 07:44:57 PM »
One of the worst days in history....so many innocent lives, taken, ruined. All because of one evil man's hatred. [ghost_angry]

My heart and my sympathy goes out to all the victims of this terrible tragedy and their surviving loved ones. [ghost_sad]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 02:33:39 AM »
There was a DS Fest there shortly before. I remember the huge palms in the lobby of the twin towers, the vendors that sold us T-shirts and sunglasses, and damn good coffee and bagels. I remember John (Karlen) helping the fire fighters, and giving them support, and all the many friends I had that were shocked at what had happened - including myself. Bless them all. Bless them all, friends.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 11:44:51 PM »
I used to work at the WTC, and when liivng in NYC attended more than one DS Festival there.

Seeing those streets suddenly filled with a billowing clouds of what had been tons of concrete, then the silence of the next few days has haunted me ever since.  Not because of one man's hatred, though.  It took a group of men--dedicated, brave and evil men who worked together to commit this terrible crime.

And the dead keep piling up, even now, years later.  All across the globe, even after the original group that did the atrocity was broken, men and women continue to die violently--the guilty and the innocent, the good and the bad, in a cycle of events hinging on vicious plan by political extremists.

The killing goes on.   [cryb]