Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0502  (Read 901 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0502
« on: March 18, 2008, 08:33:30 PM »

IluvBarnabas

Re: Discuss - Ep #0502
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 01:59:43 AM »
I loved how Adam was trying to comfort Carolyn. I think he senses she's afraid and he doesn't want her to be. I love this gentle, innocent Adam.

Willie sure freaked out in the dream, didn't he?

I liked the chat between Elizabeth and Tony, sharing their concern for Carolyn.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 02:10:33 AM »
I sense Karlen was having the time of his life in the Dream.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 08:01:15 AM »
Does Barnabas at any point admit that it would have been better both for him and for Willie if Willie had stayed at Windcliff?  I can't remember, but I don't think so.  Willie is a total loss at the moment.  Cowardly, stupid, bullying. I'm thinking that he's even worse than he was before Barnabas bit him.  At least there was some intelligence in Willie back then.  At the moment he's reminding me a bit of the revival series Willie, but I liked that later Willie better.  This Willie's still a lot of fun to watch, though.  That hysterical laughter in the Dream was great.
I sense Karlen was having the time of his life in the Dream.   
That's just what I was thinking.

Speaking of the Dream, Nancy Barrett was, like John Karlen, minimalist in her Beckoning.  It was effective but not memorable.  And I just loved it when Willie asked Carolyn if she was dead.

It's fun watching Tony Peterson and Elizabeth together, and remembering Naomi slapping Reverend Trask in 1795 and Judith thinking he was God's gift to mankind in 1897.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 02:18:36 PM »
I'm betting Willie wishes he had stayed at Windcliff.

I think Julia's assessment of Willie's resentments coming out has in fact happened, and he took them out on Adam (bad move).

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 09:17:20 AM »
It was cute when Adam was trying to comfort Carolyn. Their interaction was touching.  [easter_rolleyes] However, the more time Carolyn spent with Adam, the more she got frustrated with his childlike nature, unfortunately.  [easter_sad]

So Tony really did care for Carolyn.  [easter_wink] I, too, enjoyed the interaction between him and Elizabeth. It was very sweet of Tony to put his arm on her shoulder and commiserate with her about Carolyn.

So Willie finally had the dream! I loved his reaction in the dream - how terrified he was. So far, his abject terror was the best. [easter_shocked] Yes, indeed, I'm sure JK had a blast filming the dream sequence!  [easter_cheesy] One thing I noticed was that Willie didn't open the door this time; Carolyn simply appeared in the room. That's the first time that happened. [milestone]

----- Sally -----
 [easter_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]