Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0252  (Read 807 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0252
« on: July 11, 2012, 12:30:52 AM »
Robservations - #252

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0252

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 08:02:23 PM »
Welcome (I think), Michael Hadge as Buzz Hackett. He must be one of the Hackett family that Elizabeth sold that shorefront property to in order to appease Jason's demands, despite Burke's warnings that they would ruin it.

Buzz (who wears sunglasses even at night) gets the line of the day: Today's been a gas!  [ghost_cheesy]

Buzz and Carolyn are so mean to Elizabeth.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 12:01:10 AM »
Buzz (who wears sunglasses even at night) gets the line of the day: Today's been a gas!  [ghost_cheesy]

He's got a classic one coming up shortly that's a real pippereno.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 06:31:34 AM »
Welcome (I think), Michael Hadge as Buzz Hackett. He must be one of the Hackett family that Elizabeth sold that shorefront property to in order to appease Jason's demands, despite Burke's warnings that they would ruin it.
You're probably right, although it's interesting that Buzz was short of cash at the Blue Whale.  Maybe he's a poor relation, or maybe his father disapproves of him and doesn't give him much, or maybe that new motorcycle of his cleaned him out.  Or maybe he's simply independent.  Every time I see Buzz, he seems nicer and nicer.  Is this because every time I see Buzz, I'm older and older?  I noted his efforts to keep Carolyn from getting too wild.  He doesn't wear a motorcycle helmet (or was there one that I didn't see?) but I think that was a few years before helmets started being required.

This subplot doesn't seem as silly to me as it did the last time I watched it; I've learned a little more than I wanted to know about cluelessness since then.  But that doesn't make it any more enjoyable for me.  And I always come back to the same question: If it's not enjoyable, why do it?  The answer remains the same, too: everybody loves Buzz.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 07:35:54 PM »
Good point, Lydia. It's Carolyn who thinks safety doesn't count. Buzz seems to realize that Carolyn is only using him, but he doesn't seem to mind. Maybe going out with THE Carolyn Collins Stoddard of Collinwood will win him some points with his biker pals.

Actually Roger gets a good line too: Each individual reserves the right to ruin his or her life as quietly or flamboyantly as he chooses.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 06:30:16 AM »
I enjoyed Roger's pessimistic take on life that it would only come to ruin.  Joe and Vickie have a get together at the blue Whale and he comes off a little too judgmental about Carolyn being with bikers and drinking and driving, but the it was 1967 and bikers were bad.  Buzz has an earring that looks like something my grandmothers wore and the nighttime sunglasses.  Buzz is without Bread so Carolyn pays just like her mother. I love the STP stickers on the bike. I still have one on the inside of one of the dresser drawers in my house. we used to put tem on our bikes too, though ours were pedal driven.
Carolyn says that people do not live at Collinwood, there they only exist.  Buzz justs wants some beer. There is a transistor radio in the drawing room at Colinwood so they can really swing.  Buzz calls Elizabeth Mommy.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times