Author Topic: DS invades the USA World Showcase -- votes needed July 6-9  (Read 2880 times)

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
Re: DS invades the USA World Showcase -- votes needed July 6-9
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 08:42:32 PM »
Congrats to you, Julie, you are indeed talented, and thanks so much for posting those Fest photos, and reports, will you be doing it here, too??

Offline 4everfridean

• Junior Poster
  • Belonging heart, soul and neck to the vampire!
    • View Profile
    • The Collins Mausoleum fanzine online
Re: DS invades the USA World Showcase -- votes needed July 6-9
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 10:38:28 PM »
Congrats to you, Julie, you are indeed talented, and thanks so much for posting those Fest photos, and reports, will you be doing it here, too??

I can sure post the reports, and I'll be linking to the photo album I'll make for the Fest.  Thanks for asking, and don't forget to vote for me NOW in show 2!  http://www.mtscproductions.com/vote/2072.php

Offline 4everfridean

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Vote now through July 16 - USA World Showcase
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 04:03:40 AM »
"Light In The Shadows" has made it to Show 2, and the field of trophy winners besides those that were with me in Show 1.  Note -- you MUST use this link to vote for me, the one from last week won't work.

http://www.mtscproductions.com/vote/2072.php

This is a big field, I'll need lots of help to move on to Show 3.  Pass the link around, voting ends midnight Pacific Wednesday July 16.

Thank you -- Julie  :-)

Offline 4everfridean

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
On to Show 3 for Julie!
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 02:39:06 PM »
I found out that I was one of the top 60 yesterday during my final day at Disneyland (left home last Sunday and have been in CA since Tues.)  Fortunately for those who have been voting but are attending the Fest, the competition is taking this week off.  Voting will resume Sunday July 27.

Thank you to all who have been voting from this board.  I COULD NOT do this without you.

Julie  :-)

Offline barnabasjr

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: On to Show 3 for Julie!
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 03:16:08 AM »
Congratulations, Julie! Looking forward to hearing of further success! [ghost_smiley]
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 09:53:26 AM »
Brava, Julie!  After hearing you sing again at the gala on Saturday, I'm more sure than ever that you deserve to win this competition.  I will be giving you my votes on July 27. :)

ProfStokes

Offline 4everfridean

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 04:28:34 PM »
Brava, Julie!  After hearing you sing again at the gala on Saturday, I'm more sure than ever that you deserve to win this competition.  I will be giving you my votes on July 27. :)

Thanks -- and thank you to ALL of you who stopped me at the Fest and expressed your support for me.  Some of you undoubtedly saw me with the primary reason I'm pushing so hard to try to win this prize, my 12 year old son.  He was really afraid he was going to be bored, but by the end of Friday night, he was saying, "I'm having WAY more fun than I thought I would!"  He enjoyed David Selby, John Karlen, and both Jonathan Frid performances.

I also have to mention an appearance that I enjoyed WAY more than I thought I would, too -- composer Bob Cobert.  He was HYSTERICALLY funny as he offered us some insights on composing in general and his scores for DS and other Dan Curtis productions in particular.  However, "scoring" of another kind was the topic for a while as this 83 year old man (who, by the way, looks wonderful) "made time" with one of his young female questioners.  "Hey, I'm 83 years old, so don't expect too much," he joked.

Julie  :)