Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0705  (Read 2917 times)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0705
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 05:00:26 PM »
Many years ago in an interview with fans, Grayson Hall referred to Jonathan as "a dumb actor."  The context in which the remark was made led me to believe that she could not understand why he did not go along with the flow and let himself be put in bigger money making ventures.  He wouldn't do the second DS film, for example and he turned down other vampire-related roles including commercials.  He wanted to do what he wanted to do in showbiz, such as host a talk show.  That's not what was wanted of him by producers of ventures who were interested in Frid.  Most actors would kill for the chance to be more in the public eye, not retreat from it.  Frid has talked about at length in many interviews that while his ego appreciated the good comments on his work, he disliked the celebrity aspect that came with it.  He had no interest in being famous; just a working actor garnishing enough experience to become a drama professor with. 

Oh well.

Not that I can claim to know much about JF, but he did seem to be the kind of three dimensional human being who might tire quickly of being the focus of media overkill.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0705
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 05:03:55 PM »
You are welcome.

Nancy, thanks for the info.  That was very informative and interesting.  It says a great deal about Jonathan as a person too.