Author Topic: Question for anyone who owns DVD set #5  (Read 2212 times)

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re:Question for anyone who owns DVD set #5
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2004, 09:22:09 AM »
The audio glitch/checkerboard pattern iwould be an encoding/authoring mistake.

Selby_D._Pearson

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2004, 11:17:15 AM »
There is a huge editing job done on one of the DVD disks. I have the original VHS tape to compare it with.  The Vol. is #5 and the episode is # 375.  The scene is where Naomi comes down the stairs and sees that Jeremiah is holding a woman in a pationate embrace in the doorway leading from the back of the drawing room. My VHS tape briefly, but clearly, shows a stage hand holding a mannequin's arm that he presumably hands up to Maggie. This is no longer evident in the DVD version.

This is strange! On my DVD set, this scene is intact. You can clearly see the stage hand crouching behind "Josette" ready to hand her the mannequin arm. Why would MPI delete this from some sets and leave it on others? Weird!

I found another potential DVD mastering glitch on episode 408 (Volume 5, DVD #4, 6th episode, approx. 109 minutes into the DVD). In the opening voice over (Alexandra Moltke's voice) the line on the MPI VHS tape (Volume 36, first episode) says " As she is being forced to witness...." On the DVD, an audio glitch omits the words "is being". Is this on anyone else's sets? Thanks!

SDP

Offline DarkShadowyFigure

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2004, 05:07:53 PM »

The scene with stage hand with the mannequin arm in #375 is intact on my dvd set. The audio glitch at the beginning of #408 is there as well.

Selby_D._Pearson

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2004, 08:54:27 PM »
Thanks for checking, DarkShadowyFigure!  :)

SDP