Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0399  (Read 1436 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0399
« on: October 04, 2007, 06:30:54 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0399
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 09:51:37 AM »
Naomi knows her husband well.  Only a day after Joshua kicked Barnabas out of his life, he's declaring that both his children are precious to him.

I felt real sympathy for Abigail, as she told Joshua that her hair ribbon had been stolen so that the witch could cast a spell on her.  She looked honestly scared, and we know that she was correct about the reason for the theft of the ribbon.  I think this is as warm as I ever feel towards Abigail.

And I felt for Barnabas, too.  He originally agreed to marry Angelique if she would save Sarah, and now he has been explicitly told that Sarah can't be part of his life.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 09:57:02 AM »
Kudos to  Barnabas and Sarah for helping Vicki! [clap2] Sarah was brave when she answered Abigail's questions.  [cheesyg] Barnabas was excellent when he stood his ground with Joshua and Abigail. [hall2_cheesy] It's too bad Joshua wouldn't let Sarah come to visit Barnabas. [sadg] That was sad to see both Sarah and Barnabas asking Joshua the question. [bawl]

That was pretty spooky for Sarah to hear Vicki's voice, when it was really Angelique's voice. [shkdg] Speaking of Sarah... I thought it was odd that she wasn't wearing a cap, considering she usually always wore it when she was a ghost in 1967. It showed off her pretty hair, but it was still strange.

-----  Sally -----
[coolg] [hall2_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 08:18:01 PM »
I was very amused by Joshua's impatience with Abigail at the beginning of this episode.

Sarah is always helping someone, whether in the present or the past.

I feel really bad for sarah, so lonely in that big house, with no clear understanding of why her governess and barnabas had to leave her.  [hall_sad]

The actress who plays Sarah did an excellent job of portraying her fear of Abigail when Abigail threatened her about telling lies.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 12:51:56 AM »
CB is excellent as the terrified Abigail as well as the stubborn Abigail. She's not intimidated in the least by Joshua, who would like to blow this whole witch thing off. Her costuming is less elegant than the other female family members; by choice of course.

A bittersweet meeting between Barnabas and Joshua takes place here. Joshua obviously has not completely ousted Barnabas from his life. Barnabas is happy (and surprised) to see him. Yet he refused to allow Sarah visit her brother even though Barnabas agreed to allow Trask do his thing. This was a well-acted episode I thought.
                                                                                              Misty [hall2_cheesy]
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 06:00:10 AM »
Clarice Blackburn was truly wonderful in this episode, especially in her scene with Joshua.

Speaking of that scene, has the prompter ever been more in evidence than in that full shot of it on the left-hand side of the screen in the drawing room.  Either that, or those 18th Century Collins' had some remarkably advanced technology for the time.  Or perhaps Vickie brought it with her from 1967.  Or maybe they're ALL witches.   [santa_wink]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 11:01:27 PM »
I've wanted to comment on this episode for awhile now.

Joshua was an absolute prick for refusing Barnabas to be any part of Sarah's life after pressuring him to give in to Abigail's request for Trask to exorcise the Old House. 
[ghost_angry]

I mean, it's the same thing as if he went up to Barnabas and said thank you and then spit in his face. [ghost_azn]

I loved how Sarah was able to keep her mouth shut with that bitch of an aunt Abigail threatened her.   [ghost_smiley] Not too many kids would have been able to do that, I'm sure.