Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0292  (Read 1013 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0292
« on: May 08, 2007, 07:51:46 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0292
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 08:12:36 PM »
I think that there needed to be a daytime show without Barnabas and Julia. The tension between the two you can cut with a knife.

You wonder what Dave and Julia did in school. What dope did she have on him, maybe they both have an interesting back story.  :-X

Julia better be careful she might give herself away with all of her advice. But she does now what to cover for Barnabas. Didn't Dave and everyone else now think it strange the Julia was down at the Old House, almost making herself at home. I sure did even after the previous show.

This is where the story of the Collins History, the newest 10 volume history gets started
 ;D
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 08:52:52 PM »
maybe they both have an interesting back story.  :-X

And everyone can speculate about Julia's past right here:
Episode #0292
>:D

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 01:33:19 AM »
Here's what's cool about this episode: the ending credits.  They show the whole staircase in the foyer at Collinwood, so you can count the steps: ten, plus the first floor, plus the second floor.  To me, it looks as though that second floor walkway is far higher than the usual second floor but the steps tell me that it isn't.  The staircase in my house has twelve steps between the floors, and the staircases in the eighteenth-century farmhouse in which I grew up had eleven steps between the floors, so ten steps makes that second floor quite low.  Would one of you artistic types out there care to explain to me in words of one syllable how Sy Tomashoff managed to fool my eye?

Conversations between Dr. Hoffman and Dr. Woodard are always interesting, and the conversation in this episode was especially so, as I sat and wondered: "When is Julia lying and when is she telling the truth?"  A good rule of thumb is if she's smiling then she's lying, but it doesn't follow that if she's not smiling then she's telling the truth.  Is it Julia's idea that the only way to cure Maggie is to show her a de-fanged Barnabas?  I thought she was going to make a serious error when she suggested that Woodard would gain fame and fortune if he supported her; Woodard doesn't appear to be the ambitious type.  But she dropped that in favor of the idea that he could help her make a major medical breakthrough, and that hook worked - sort of.

Burke comes across as much pleasanter in this episode than he has in recent ones.  Vicky engages in a flight of romantic imagination, and he doesn't tell her she's being silly!  Maybe he took a laxative.

Sarah's got a very useful skill: she knows when somebody is dead.  Maybe Julia should hire her as an assistant.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 03:00:18 AM »
Sarah's got a very useful skill: she knows when somebody is dead.  Maybe Julia should hire her as an assistant.

[lghy]  Excellent suggestion!  [thumb]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 03:01:36 AM »
If Burke were to take a laxative, he'd have no personality at all....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

CT!_CTP/FITBs

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 04:53:28 PM »

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 09:25:55 PM »
LMAO to both the suggestion that Sarah should be Julia's assitant, and that Burke wouldn't have a personality if he took a laxitive. They're both SO true!
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 01:20:20 PM »
It seems to me that there was something going on between Julia and Dave way back when in medical school.  Julia just walked all over him - and he let her do it! [winkg]

It's great that Sarah appeared to David and informed him that Maggie was alive.  That was a wonderful gift she had - knowing if someone was alive or dead.  Love that line, "She's not dead, just lost!" [cheesyg]  It always makes me laugh when Sarah disappears.  But this time, the adults found Sarah's cap! [ideag]

It's so sad that David doesn't have any people to play with, except for Sarah.  I'm sure when Amy came the following year, David was thrilled! [winkg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]