Author Topic: if this movie is suppose to film by the end of the year  (Read 827 times)

Offline LOOKE300

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
if this movie is suppose to film by the end of the year
« on: April 15, 2010, 09:35:56 PM »
should casting it not have begin already so far as anyone knows only depp has been cast.im no expert but i don,t think they cast at the last minute don,t they most of the time have these movies casted a long time in advance.

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: if this movie is suppose to film by the end of the year
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 10:09:38 PM »
They're probably about 6 months away from shooting, at the very least.  Still a lot of time left for casting, I believe.  Some casting actually can be done pretty much right before shooting starts (it's not unheard of to have a major part cast with less than a week to go).  Unless the choice of actor for a role has an impact on pre-production in some way (including, but not limited to, investors or studio requiring big names), a significant factor in casting is the availability of the actor.  The stars of this project are Johnny Depp and Tim Burton, so I don't think there's much concern with getting other big names.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 03:23:11 PM »
good point.

as we saw with depp sometimes (lucky) actors have projects lined up years in advance. obviously with burton onboard we can pencil helena bohnam carter in for a part but if the producers have other actors in mind for specific roles that takes alot of planning.

depp is certainly the star attraction here but i would hate to see production further delayed waiting for other actors to become available.

haven't we been waiting over three years now?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 05:13:00 PM »
I don't know about HBC. She already alluded to the fact that she wasn't gonna do DS.  I don't know if she will change her mind. 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/