Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1043  (Read 746 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1043
« on: July 26, 2010, 11:00:04 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1043
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 02:21:22 AM »
It must be hard to run up the Old House stairs convincingly at full tilt when you have to stop not to plough into a wall, or however the stairs end at the top.   If fear is KLS's thing, worry is N Barrett's.   She's good here.   

Here begin the countless references to the mysterious, amazing Claude North, who [spoiler]turned out not to live up to his advance publicity.[/spoiler]    It's with CN though that I feel we're past Jeckyl/Hyde and Rebecca, and on to fresh story, so this is where I get interested in the storyline, from what I remember.

Is CN itinerant?   Have they no Motel 6's in PT for him?   What's Liz doing with the Petofi box?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 05:55:42 AM »
It was made clear today that Carolyn's vision was a dream, but that it was a dream of something that had really happened - a reminder dream.  I'm enjoying the mystery, even though I know the solution.  I agreed with Barnabas that parallel time Elizabeth wasn't capable of killing anybody, especially by cold-bloodedly sticking a hatpin in the neck, but I agree that with Carolyn that maternal love - especially soap operatic maternal love - will drive a woman to do unexpected things.  But would Elizabeth have the knowledge to insert the hatpin in the right spot?  I think there's a precise spot you have to aim for.  This is my memory from reading Agatha Christie's Thirteen at Dinner, also known as Lord Edgware Dies.

My mind is sort of captivated by the idea of Carolyn picking up the piece of jade and putting it in her pocket without thinking about it.  She would have found it in her pocket later, and what then?  Did she return it to her mother?  We learned today that Elizabeth apparently does not habitually wear hatpins; rather, she has a collection of them, so it must have been surprising that the jade would have broken off from the hatpin and been lying there.  Did Carolyn think Angelique had filched the hatpin from Elizabeth and that in the fuss in the few minutes before and after Angelique's death, it had fallen from wherever Angelique had it on her person and been broken?

One thing that none of the characters have discussed is the whereabouts of Carolyn's father.  Apparently there's no question of[spoiler]Elizabeth having killed him.[/spoiler]I think it would have been absolutely, totally cool if they could have brought Dennis Patrick back (surely he was finished by now with doing whatever movie it was that took him away from the Leviathan storyline) as parallel time Paul Stoddard, and I would love to have seen if he was one of the innumerable men who worshipped Angelique.  But they didn't do that, so we are left with the question of what became of him.  I think he probably left the scene long before Angelique married Quentin.  But did he leave it of his own free will?

Frid was having trouble with his lines today.  He referred to the hatpin as a hairpin.  And there were other things, and I had the impression that he was tripping up Grayson Hall during the conversation between Barnabas and Julia.  There was a point at which Barnabas took his cane down from the coatrack and had some trouble doing it, and Julia walked slowly away from him, deep in thought, and I imagined Hall carefully going over her next line in her head to get back on track.

Is CN itinerant?   Have they no Motel 6's in PT for him?
The secret room is even cheaper than a Motel 6.

What's Liz doing with the Petofi box?
Yes, that was an interesting choice, wasn't it?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 06:06:07 PM »
I love how Barnabas questions how he could forget Roxanne's face. Further proof that the "beauty" that captivated him and prevented him from killing her wasn't exactly her, uh, facial beauty?  [ghost_grin]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 07:45:10 PM »
1/24/70

It didn't seem to be a dream to me.  “Carolyn you must tell me!”  Have you ever noticed at Collinwood that everyone “MUST” do something! LOL  Hang him?  Again I ask do they hang in 1970! Perhaps in PT they still hang people!

Barnabas forced Carolyn to tell him what he wanted to know but was so gentle with her when she became upset! IN a nutshell I think that is why so many people liked this character and what ended up making him so popular.

“She’s had such a sad life!” It would have been nice if PT had been fleshed out more like 1897 and we would have known what why Liz's life was so sad.

It would have been interesting if at some point had the show continued if they returned to PT in the modern era with Collinwood being rebuilt perhaps as a totally different structure!

There seemed to be a cut when Barnabas was at the fire place and when he turns around in the close up he is much further away.
Nice to hear a call back to the Adam storyline—seems so long ago!

Poor Julia constantly put before all the PYT! UGH!

It would be kind of cool to live in the secret room except I am sure the dampness would kill my asthma!

“This room was my refugee for over a century in my own time.  Strange that it should serve the same purpose for someone else!” I really love that line.

Looks like the Petofi box is serving as the hatpin holder
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/