Author Topic: The Sopranos Meets DS?  (Read 966 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The Sopranos Meets DS?
« on: July 01, 2004, 07:40:38 PM »
I came across a rather odd reference to DS today - an article that claims that Dominic Chianese, who plays Corrado "Uncle Junior" Soprano, appeared on DS. Why is that odd? Well, because not only can't I place him as ever having been on any version of DS, but his name isn't listed as having appeared on the original or the '91 series in any of the reference books. An oversight? Possibly. But check out his photo in the article and see if you can place him:

tvnz.co.nz | TV2 | THE SOPRANOS | Dominic Chianese

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: The Sopranos Meets DS?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 08:18:57 PM »
I doubt it....I think we'd have heard mention of it before...."The Sopranos" has been on for years .......

....unless he was in one of the rare Blue Whale shots with extras.  Were they all credited?
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 08:44:27 PM »
I''ve heard that before too-- the actor himself claims to have appeared on the show, but I honestly don't think he has in any of its versions.

A fan has offered the explanation that, because Chianese claimed to have played Abe Vigoda's boss or father on DS, but in the nighttime version (!), and since he did play alongside Vigoda in an episode of "Tales From the Dark Side", Mr. Chianese is confusing Dark Shadows with ...Dark Side.  We never saw the boss or father of either of Abe Vigoda's characters on DS, nor did he appear in the '91 version.

You can find that post from the DS Newsgroup here--
Subject: The 'Why-Can't-Anything-Ever-Be-Simple?' Dept.

Whaddya think?

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 09:03:32 PM »
Whaddya think?

Works for me.....after all, when you've played many parts over the whole of a long career, you can be forgiven for mixing up a couple along the way!  :D
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas