Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0033  (Read 371 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0033
« on: July 21, 2020, 10:40:13 PM »
Robservations #33

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0033

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 11:02:02 PM »
SG #68 has this MPI ad from The Collector's Series as its inside back page. I've decided to share it in this topic because this is the latest ep that's also part of The Collector's Series.

Unfortunately, SG's back page is the page that faces out when the issue is mailed and sometimes it gets creased in the mailing process. That's what happened with this issue - but I've tried to flatten it out as best I could:

(Click here for a 1632X2112 version)

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 05:21:06 PM »
Elizabeth and Carolyn talk and Carolyn says she’s not ready to marry Joe. Now if it were me, I’d say okay, but Elizabeth Collins Stoddard is used to having her way. 
Joe is drunk at the Blue Whale and a cute drunk at that. Burke Joins him and two extras dance
Carolyn and Vickie chat. About finding selves in different ways. I really like their sisterly relationship at this time.
Joe shows up drunk at Collinwood. He says Elizabeth will make Carolyn a seventeen year old spinster. Lol.
Vickie goes into town for her first trip to Blue Hale and to see Burke Devlin. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 07:11:59 AM »
Interesting opening shot of a rare-angled closeup of Collinwood with great shadow play.

Lots of heart-bearing conversations involving all the characters except Burke who is pretty much angling. And intriguing viewpoints from each character. Carolyn questions Liz's handling of the David situation and her plans for her. Mother wants daughter to leave and daughter doesn't want to abandon Mother. Boy wants girl, girl doesn't know what she wants or is afraid to want, period.

Vicki isn't going anywhere despite Carolyn's reasonable warnings. Drunk Joe barges into Collinwood and tells it like it is, or at least how he sees it. Liz is not amused and neither am I. I can't abide drunks who can't kept their mouths shut, happy or nasty. I do love the way the girls react to and handle him though. His appearance creates another heart to heart between Carolyn and her mother.

Vicki decides to take Burke up on his invitation to meet in town. I am wondering what percentage of her decision is based on learning what was in Strake's report and what percentage is a personal interest in Burke. The latter probably very little at this point.

This is the Harvey Keitel episode. So young and cute. I really liked much of the dialogue, the best of it coming from Carolyn. I got a big kick out of Carolyn making tea. The apple doesn't fall from from the tree, lol.