Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0247  (Read 1159 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0247
« on: March 06, 2007, 06:04:58 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0247
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 03:26:09 PM »
Back to the Barnabas plot.  Today Elizabeth and Carolyn have to fret and fume without benefit of audience.

Once again I'm rooting for Maggie to become Josette.  I love her childlike bewilderment.

The last time I watched this storyline, I didn't like this episode much because I didn't remember ever seeing Sam's pipe before.  This time around, I noted the pipe in an earlier episode, so I'm perfectly happy with the idea of it reminding Maggie of her father and therefore of her original self.  It made me think of the penny in the movie Somewhere in Time, though the penny was more effective.

Again Barnabas pushes Willie to the floor.  It's the second B-plot episode in a row in which he's done that, I think.  Poor Willie - he looks as though he's thoroughly accustomed to being knocked around, with or without a reason.  It's beautiful to watch - Barnabas is so very dominating, even lying flat on his back in a coffin, and Karlen makes the falls look real.  All in all, the Old House is a supremely satisfying place to be these days - as long as you're just a fly on the wall.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 07:12:41 PM »
Interesting, it is hard to watch this show and not think ahead. Each show gets more stressful than the next, it is like they are building up to  the climax, like they are still looking at  getting rid of BC.

I just happened to think a few things. Is it a guy thing too pat guys on the shoulders?? Burke sure did that a lot.

Also there was the grip thing, that BC does with Maggie and Willie.  Did this come from Star Trek  the Vulcan neck thing. BC must have been awful strong, Maybe Maggie used the transporter to be there one minute and not the next.

Good Show.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 11:20:43 PM »
Poor Willie, if ever a servant deserved a raise, he sure did for all the abuse he had to take from Barnabas! Didn't see a hint of the "human" Barnabas at all in this episode.

Didn't Maggie looked ghostly, appearing at Sam's window as she did? Not surprising since Barnabas is sucking on her blood. Even though I know what's gonna happen, I can't help wishing Sam could have gotten to her....but yet again we are treated to another moment of "so near, yet so far" between father and daughter, it's heartbreaking.

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 03:20:01 AM »
Sam was very polite to Willie in this episode, the last time they'd seen each other Sam was rude and rough on him. I thought it was for a good reason though, since Willie had asked him those personal questions that time at the Blue Whale before meeting Barnabas. Now Sam treated Willie like an old friend.

Nasty Barnabas the way he puts Willie in such a bind. He doesn't want anyone in the house, which is understandable but he has to understand that if someone like Sam dropped by it would look very suspicious for Willie to just tell him he can't come in. If they would just keep the doors and windows locked, and keep Maggie locked in Josette's room it would help.

How in the world did she get away so fast after Sam saw her at the window? He rushed right out, she couldn't have gotten far! So frustrating for poor Sam, my heart really goes out to him. And I was pleased with Burke for being so nice to him, getting him a sandwich and all. Considering that it's not been long since these two were at odds it's good to see them become friends.

Alondra

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 06:58:04 AM »
I'm afraid I will be echoing some of the other sentiments about this show today.  I agree that Barnabas and Willie need to keep the doors and windows locked and keep Maggie/Josette upstairs in a locked room.  Prettty dumb for them to do otherwise.  [signerror] I also felt very sorry for Sam seeing Maggie and then she disappeared. [bawl] So near and yet so far - a familiar premise on soap operas.  Maggie did look ghostly outside the window.  She sure did move fast! 

One other comment, which is my own! [winkg] I really like Sam's pipe.  Pipes may not be good for the smoker, but they sure do smell nice! [cheesyg]

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 02:02:12 PM »
In this episode we get to hear the church bells, or whichever bells they are, tolling the hour. I always enjoy hearing them.  8)

All in all this episode was very suspenseful and sad.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 07:23:49 AM »
In this episode we get to hear the church bells, or whichever bells they are, tolling the hour.
I counted.  I got a little confused around 17 or 18, but I think the bell tolled 20 times.  I figure the church was on 24-hour time, which would make it 8:00 pm - roughly right for the beginning of June, I think.