Author Topic: Episode #0743  (Read 1335 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Episode #0743
« on: February 01, 2006, 05:19:57 PM »
 8)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Episode #0743
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 05:25:35 PM »
Don't know why my picture didn't load!!!   :'(  What did I do wrong, it was only 91 KB's btw...
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 05:32:15 PM »
Try again with a new topic.  But if you have to preview the post, do it before attaching the image or you'll have to re-attach.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 05:33:52 PM »
Try again with a new topic.  But if you have to preview the post, do it before attaching the image or you'll have to re-attach.

Hmm, still don't know how to do it, I hit BROWSE, found the file and added it to that BROWSE line, then hit post.  Am I missing something?
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 05:43:15 PM »
If you didn't preview the post, I don't what to tell you.  But if you see it not showing up again in your post, click Modify and try entering it again.

91 KB is huge for captures, btw-- 
* Please make sure that your screen capture is NO LARGER THAN 320X240 (OR EQUIVALENT DIMENSIONS OF 76800 PIXELS, i.e. 200X384, 240X320, 256X300, 300X256, 384X200, 400X192, etc). We want to be sure that the forum will have enough space to store as many captures as possible...

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 05:56:29 PM »
If you didn't preview the post, I don't what to tell you.  But if you see it not showing up again in your post, click Modify and try entering it again.

I *did* preview it and there was nothing there.  How do you post a screen capture I guess is what I'm asking.  There's no ATTACH button, like w/emails, that I can see. 

91 KB is huge for captures

This confuses me because when you go to BROWSE, there's a note underneath that suggests anything LESS than 100 KB is small enough.  Which is correct?

Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 07:05:30 PM »
I *did* preview it and there was nothing there.  How do you post a screen capture I guess is what I'm asking.  There's no ATTACH button, like w/emails, that I can see.

You attach by double clicking the file; you know it's attached when the file name appears next to "Attach:" under Additional Options.  The Post button then submits the message along with the attachment (much like the Send button for email), but the Preview button clears all attachments.  So once you've attached the image, do NOT click Preview because the attachment will disappear before you've had a chance to post it.  If you must preview the post, do it before attaching the file.

This confuses me because when you go to BROWSE, there's a note underneath that suggests anything LESS than 100 KB is small enough.  Which is correct?

The attachment feature will not accept files larger than 100 KB anywhere on the site.  The topic "The Rules And How To Add Captures/Captions/Comments To This Board." limits the dimensions for captures that are posted to the Caption This! board so that we can continue storing indefinitely the many pages of captures on our webspace.

I have to run now, but others will be here if you need further help.  :D

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 08:01:15 PM »
You attach by double clicking the file; you know it's attached when the file name appears next to "Attach:" under Additional Options.  The Post button then submits the message along with the attachment (much like the Send button for email), but the Preview button clears all attachments.  So once you've attached the image, do NOT click Preview because the attachment will disappear before you've had a chance to post it.  If you must preview the post, do it before attaching the file.

Okay, I'll try again.  ;)

The attachment feature will not accept files larger than 100 KB anywhere on the site.  The topic "The Rules And How To Add Captures/Captions/Comments To This Board." limits the dimensions for captures that are posted to the Caption This! board so that we can continue storing indefinitely the many pages of captures on our webspace.

I'll see if I can shrink the pic some more first. ;)
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 08:46:59 PM »
I *did* preview it and there was nothing there. ...

... once you've attached the image, do NOT click Preview because the attachment will disappear before you've had a chance to post it.  If you must preview the post, do it before attaching the file.

Also, a good rule of thumb is to check out the forum's Help pages. For example, the Attachments section of Additional Options on the SMF User Help: Posting page explains:

it's not possible to preview attachments so you should always browse to and attach your files just before you finally post your message.

The forum's Help can be easily accessed via the "Help" button in the forum's main menu, which is located in the forum's header section at the top of every forum page (as well as in the footer section at the bottom of every forum page if a member is using the "Variations on Blue" theme).