Author Topic: The floating pictures  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
The floating pictures
« on: October 29, 2005, 06:45:39 AM »
I was looking at my profile and I noticed that it indicates some karma from the jack-o-lanterns and lists a number that were caught.  This time around I've deliberately not gone after any.  A couple of times as I was clicking a link one came by and I thought I might "accidentally" click it!  But, as no message came up, I assume I didn't.  Why would it say I've caught some and give positive and negative karma from them when I never did it?
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: The floating pictures
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 11:12:32 PM »
If you notice, the totals that are listed are the totals you already had from clicking on the previous floaties. The way the feature is written is such that whenever I change the image and it's description, the new description is listed in members' profiles. It doesn't mean that the totals are specific to that particular floaty - they're cumulative.  [hall2_smiley]  And the description will change again once I change the floaty image again tomorrow.  [hall2_wink]

A couple of times as I was clicking a link one came by and I thought I might "accidentally" click it! But, as no message came up, I assume I didn't. Why would it say I've caught some and give positive and negative karma from them when I never did it?

I checked the log, and as you suspect, you haven't caught any this time around. In fact, the log shows that the last floaty you caught was on April 02, 2005 at 03:19:43 am ET - one of the infamous Jeffsters:

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 03:50:57 AM »
Thank you for the explanation!  [hall2_smiley]
Josette

Offline JosettesMusicBox

• Full Poster
  • JosettesMusicBox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 01:55:30 PM »
Hi - I am a Newbie, and I'm wondering what I have to do to find some of thest floaties...

They seem like a lot of fun, and I need all the karma I can get (curses that is of course...)

It is very cold (36 degrees) down here in Dallas this morning...  Hope everyone is having a good day. 

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 03:54:14 PM »
Welcome to the forum, JosettesMusicBox   [santa_smiley].

"Floaties" arrive and depart at the whim of our Mysterious Benefactor.  For the most part, they are seasonal.  Fortunately for you, Christmas is on the way and I think it's safe to expect that Christmas floaties are on their way as well....[winkb]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 07:16:43 PM »
Fortunately for you, Christmas is on the way and I think it's safe to expect that Christmas floaties are on their way as well....

The floaties feature was specifically designed for Christmas time so that mistletoe could float across the screen. So, I'd say that it's definitely a safe bet that the mistletoe will show up sooner rather than later - but just when will remain a mystery until then.  [b003]

Offline Amanda

• Junior Poster
  • Mrs. Davis
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 07:44:28 AM »
This is a dumb question, but how do you catch the floaties?  Thanks.
The Kansas Cousin

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 08:19:13 AM »
Just click'em, but watch out for the Rockettes! :(

Offline Amanda

• Junior Poster
  • Mrs. Davis
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 09:09:08 AM »
Just click'em, but watch out for the Rockettes! :(

I just had an encounter with the Rockettes.  What does that mean?  I'm cursed for life?  I can think of worse things. (I think [santa_wink])
The Kansas Cousin