Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0284  (Read 1247 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0284
« on: April 26, 2007, 06:07:40 PM »
Robservations - #284

(Graysonholics will definitely want to check out the captures for this show - it's all Grayson/Julia all the time. Well, with the exception of one capture of Dave Woodard. How did he get in there by himself?! LOL!)

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0284
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 07:49:59 PM »
This was a great show, Julia is being Julia. Grayson did great. I have never figured out what the light was for. I can see if she wanted to figure out the dilation of the eye.

Maggie, must go into instant hypnosis when she sees Julia, Becuase she brought her into the room and started asking her about the doll, it just seemed strange.

We get to hear London Bridge again. The shows are going to get better and better.

[spoiler]pretty soon Julia meets Barnabas, and then the sparks begin to fly. I bet that these shows were fun to do. But I am getting ahead of myself.[/spoiler]

The time in Josette's room is very interesting, it is interesting how Julia feels Josette twice and Vickie doesn't feel anything at all. How about when Julia looks at the Portrait, I think that she know then. and again just talks to Maggie again to confirm.

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 09:41:46 PM »
The side of Julia's head makes a triangle.  Her chin and the bottom of her hair in back are the angles at the base, and the sides rise to a peak at the top of her head.  Sort of weird-looking.

I had forgotten what fun Julia is in these episodes, lying and smiling for all she's worth.  For all the complaints that Dave Woodard made, he let Julia and Maggie stay overnight at his house on no notice whatsoever.  I suppose Maggie was in no condition to make the hundred-mile car trip back to Windcliff.  Even today she was still suffering the effects of the visit to the cemetery.  When she entered it yesterday, she seemed pretty with-it, but now she is reduced to: "Doll talk?"  Kathryn Leigh Scott did it very naturally: nothing seemed forced.

When Burke and Elizabeth aren't around to challenge her, Vicky's willing to admit that she may be a bit too interested in the Past.  She really needs to find herself a new boyfriend.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 02:19:08 PM »
Yeah, I'm amazed that Dave always backed down and continue to let Julia do things HER way.....for all the preaching he does about how unorthodox her methods are, he believes she knows what she's doing even if he doesn't always agree with her methods.

Julia obviously has some suspicions about Barnabas and this is before she meets him. She sees "the room" that Maggie was talking about, she hears the tinkling kind of music and she smells the flower flagarance. She's hot on the trail now.

Can't wait for the next few episodes.

CT!_CTP/FITBs

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 05:15:20 PM »
Be sure to check out these (hopefully  ;)) humorous topics related to this episode:

From "Caption This!":

From "Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s)":

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 10:06:46 PM »
I'm curious how many people here actually don't know what's coming up.   It'd be interesting to see the reactions later, if it's a great many.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 05:32:40 AM »
So, this is the episode when Julia meets Vicki and David!  [cheer]

Julia obviously has some suspicions about Barnabas and this is before she meets him. She sees "the room" that Maggie was talking about, she hears the tinkling kind of music and she smells the flower flagarance. She's hot on the trail now.

I must admit that when I watched this episode before, I didn't realize that Julia was so hot on the trail of Barnabas.  It took the comments from others in this thread to figure it out!  I guess it just takes me a while to "get it" sometimes!   (Or, maybe I just forgot, and I really did get it?)   [ideag] [winkg]

Indeed, this was a Juliacentric episode - really fun to watch.  Julia was very methodical and probing in this episode.  She's so devious!   [evilg]

I saw a few shadows in Josette's room - I think it was from the overhead microphone.  Isn't it fun to find those? [cheesyg]

Interesting how Josette made herself known (kind of) to Julia, but not to Vicki.  I wonder what that's about?  [hdscrt]

----- Sally -----
[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 06:00:54 AM »
Perhaps Josette was letting Julia know of her presence as a sign that the room and it's contents had very much to do with Maggie and Julia's own suspicions. Or she could have been warning Julia that she was on the right track and to continue only meant danger.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 07:04:38 AM »
Thanks, Arashi.  [winkg]  Those are good points. [bigok]

----- Sally -----
[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 03:13:40 AM »
The one disappointment about this episode is that we are deprived of a first meeting between Julia and Willie.  All we have is Julia's query, "Who was that young man downstairs...?"

Considering how intricately bound together they were for the rest of the series, it would  have been nice to have had that first encounter on the record, watching as each sizes the other one up.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 04:51:15 AM »
I don't believe this, but that last post made me think spontaneously about Julia and Willie looking at each other for the first time, silently and quizzically, and then checking each other out by smelling each others' behinds, like dogs do.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor