Author Topic: Nicholas Blair's "Unique" Hand Gesture  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Nicholas Blair's "Unique" Hand Gesture
« on: September 06, 2002, 02:58:53 AM »
Hey gang,

Did you notice when Nicholas pointed his finger at and rubbed it against Adam's chest today, Nicholas used his middle finger rather than his forefinger to make the gesture?

You know, the use of that particular finger has been politely described as giving someone, the "half-a-peace-sign" gesture.  (It's also impolitely described as just plain giving someone "THE" finger!)

Do you think that Nicholas was sending some subliminal message to both Adam and Mr. B.?  It may have been the only time on Dark Shadows that someone allegedly flashed another person an obscene gesture.  I pray that I'm wrong about this.  So, what do you think?

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, who, now, symbolically flashes everyone the FULL peace sign.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Nicholas Blair's "Unique" Hand Gesture
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2002, 03:19:21 AM »
I always thought that Mr. Blair's magical gesture, whether with or sans the bird, was always somewhat geeky - that whole thing of looking like he was ready to attack a piano.  I think the poor guy has a complex, and that's why he's so nasty.  Probably when he was just a wee, little warlock, all the other coven warlock bullies chased him into alleys, called him names, and stepped on his magic wand case.  The reason why he can crack that wide smile on his face was from having his scalp stretched from constant noogies.  He's never really outgrown his little warlock geekiness.  I mean, for Pete's sake, look at how the man dresses.  For cryin' out loud, he wears gloves!  I'm sure they must be sewn to the cuffs of that suit.

Gerard

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2002, 03:23:31 AM »
Gerard,

Your point is well taken.  Maybe Nicholas really wanted to give a karate chop to that Steinway & Sons piano in the drawing room of Collinwood.

Bob the Bartender

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2002, 03:37:22 AM »
Hey gang,

You know, the use of that particular finger has been politely described as giving someone, the "half-a-peace-sign" gesture.  (It's also impolitely described as just plain giving someone "THE" finger!)

Roberto....didn't your Sicilian grandfather refer to that universal gesture as giving someone "the fig"?

RaineyP
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2002, 03:46:05 AM »

Do you think that Nicholas was sending some subliminal message to both Adam and Mr. B.?  It may have been the only time on Dark Shadows that someone allegedly flashed another person an obscene gesture.  I pray that I'm wrong about this.  So, what do you think?

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, who, now, symbolically flashes everyone the FULL peace sign.

Bob,

You said on one of my posts that Tom Jennings used the gesture (I noticed that indeed he did) towards Barnabas during that final fight scene before he saw the light...;)
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2002, 03:48:02 AM »
No, but I do remember him proudly giving the so-called "Sicilian Salute" whenever he saw some politician on TV who he did not especially like!

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2002, 03:52:23 AM »
VAM,

My God, I'm apparently havng a middle-aged moment on that one!  As local NY sportscaster Warner Wolf (you may have seen him on MSNBC with Don Imus in the morning), says: "Let's go to the videotape!"

Bob the Bartender, who, like Larry King, evidently needs his daily dose of Ginsanna.

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2002, 04:11:37 AM »
VAM,

My God, I'm apparently havng a middle-aged moment on that one!  As local NY sportscaster Warner Wolf (you may have seen him on MSNBC with Don Imus in the morning), says: "Let's go to the videotape!"

Bob the Bartender, who, like Larry King, evidently needs his daily dose of Ginsanna.

That's OK Bob because we all have those moments. Do you think you have some extra "Ginsanna" to share?
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Connie

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2002, 04:25:44 AM »
It may have been the only time on Dark Shadows that someone allegedly flashed another person an obscene gesture.  I pray that I'm wrong about this.

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2002, 05:01:38 AM »
It looked like Chris Pennock was giving a one-fingered salute when Gabriel was killed in 1841 PT.

ProfStokes

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2002, 05:26:59 AM »
Nicky Blair's dramatic gestures brought to mind Elvis in the 70s, when he wrapped up his Vegas shows with "Can't Help Falling In Love".

Thank you, thank you very much!
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2002, 07:31:28 AM »
Bob,

You said on one of my posts that Tom Jennings used the gesture (I noticed that indeed he did) towards Barnabas during that final fight scene before he saw the light...;)

It was AllenCollins that pointed, er, mentioned it, which I had never noticed before either.  And yes, VAM, it was in response to a topic that you started.