Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0461  (Read 2020 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0461
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 07:04:27 PM »
Thanks for that, MB.  In some cases, whether there was promotion may have affected how these transitions were done onscreen.  In particular, the 1967 to 1795 shift seemed very abrupt and unexpected onscreen, but they might have felt no need to build up to in the story, if they had been building up to it already in promotional spots.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0461
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 07:30:16 AM »
This time around, I decided to skip the episodes set in 1795, so I, essentially ended up watching Ep 365 back-to-back with Ep. 461. The most disconcerting aspect was watching Vicki go from mourning Burke one day to calling out for Peter in her sleep the next. I can only imagine what Liz and Julia were thinking, since to them no real time had passed.

Random thought. Vicki lying in her bed talking to Barnabas reminds me of Dorothy in the final scene of "The Wizard of Oz," as she tries to make sense of her "dream." Even her hand gestures seem to match the ones used by Judy Garland.