Author Topic: I don't understand my Karma?  (Read 5357 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
I don't understand my Karma?
« on: February 22, 2003, 06:00:40 PM »
uh. . .can you explain the karma thing. . .i don't get my rating, i really gotta ratchet up the + points before i got to Court Tuesday. . yes! Court! my landlords are suing me!  Sheesh just cuz i complained that after they removed their wall-to-wall carpet, i can hear them talking, peeing and all that jazz. . .!  :o
Julia99

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
Re:I don't understand my Karma?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2003, 06:49:28 PM »
Hey Jules,

Might I suggest RECORDING some of the noises that are preventing you to get 'reasonable use and enjoyment' of the property you are renting!!!  I have a friend who had a similar issue with another renter [it wasn't the landlord, but complain was similar at least]  She had audio of lots of 'interesting and distracting' activities [you can imagine, I'm sure] and the landlord was kicking HER out because of her complaining and it got pretty complicated, but evidence like that could help.  she also had video [which gives good perspective, too], of her trying to read a book, watch TV, talk on the phone  normal stuff..  She ended up winning the case, but moved soon anyway.  Just a thought, better living thru technology.
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Connie

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2003, 07:28:58 PM »
uh. . .can you explain the karma thing. . .i don't get my rating,

Mmm...I don't understand mine either.  Didn't think I'd been on here enough in the past few days to cause so much damage.

-CLC   ???

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2003, 09:07:22 PM »
Thanks Ringo. . i did try to record but the "echo" effect must require some sensitive microphone. . . my two recording devices didn't work so well.  The Rent Board here did say I had a complaint, an obvious nuisance but i needed to register it with a meter.  Now the 2 weeks i was given to do that. . they were soooooo quiet. . .you did not heard a g-damn thing!  grrr.  So i am moving Monday, good riddance and then off to New York for my 5-month work assignment . .can't wait . .Hey, whose wife here worked as an attorney at EPA in NY?? That's where i'll be!  ;D
Julia99

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2003, 09:49:59 PM »
uh. . .can you explain the karma thing. . .i don't get my rating, i really gotta ratchet up the + points before i got to Court Tuesday

At the bottom of any forum page is a YABB SE link (as in "powered by").  Help in their horizontal menu takes you to their FAQ board, where you'll find, among other threads, an explanation of the user karma mod by one of their admins.

Good luck in court, and with your move!

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2003, 03:53:52 AM »
okay i got it, thanks Midnite! But now. . .can you, dom and MB keep track of who applauds and smites folks?  And why am i at a deficiet ..whadda i do .. i'm not sure iwe all gonna like the karma thing. .it seems fun but it also seems like it could be trouble. .we do have some very sensitive types here. . .
Julia99

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2003, 04:23:30 AM »
okay i got it, thanks Midnite! But now. . .can you, dom and MB keep track of who applauds and smites folks?
Nope.  And you're welcome. :)

And why am i at a deficiet ..whadda i do ..
Um... pretend you don't know Connie?  LOL, J/K! :-*

i'm not sure iwe all gonna like the karma thing. .it seems fun but it also seems like it could be trouble. .we do have some very sensitive types here. . .

I hear you.  Time will tell, I guess.

Connie

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2003, 06:47:14 AM »
And why am i at a deficiet ..whadda i do ..
Um... pretend you don't know Connie?  LOL, J/K! :-*

Hee hee.....Yep!  That should definitely help.

;D

PS  Hey!  I didn't realize we could do applaud or smite.  Thought only the administrators could!  (Don't worry Julia99 -- I'm a comin' to the rescue).

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2003, 08:08:15 AM »
Thought only the administrators could!  (Don't worry Julia99 -- I'm a comin' to the rescue).

Oh my, you thought MB and I were doing all that?  No wonder you thought we blew chunks. ;)  Everybody has the [applaud][smite] buttons except in their own posts.

Connie

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2003, 08:42:03 AM »
Everybody has the [applaud][smite] buttons except in their own posts.

Yes - it finally dawned on me!  (Duh)
Also though, it won't let you applaud someone more than once.  I tried to get Julia99's applause count up and it said I couldn't do it more than once in a 24 hr period.   :(

-CLC
Who will fool around on message boards in order to avoid dealing with pressing issues in real life.

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2003, 06:12:39 PM »
(Don't worry Julia99 -- I'm a comin' to the rescue).[/size]

What kinda help was that Connie luv?  Now i'm -9!!! ahhh!!! ::she runs to the forrest to find Magda:::
Julia99

Connie

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2003, 01:34:31 AM »
What kinda help was that Connie luv?  Now i'm -9!!! ahhh!!! ::she runs to the forrest to find Magda:::

Well...all I could do is click up your applause number -- I can't keep someone else from clicking the smite button.
(Smiteful people around here -- huh?)  ROFL

-CLC
(You name it, I'll applaud it)   ;)

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2003, 02:19:42 AM »
Well...all I could do is click up your applause number -- I can't keep someone else from clicking the smite button.
(Smiteful people around here -- huh?)  ROFL

I'm trying to help you too, J99.  8)

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2003, 04:16:59 AM »
ohh thank you Connie and Bette. . i didn't realize we could only do it once per day. . .does that make me feel better, uh. ..i don't know, you connie?? I mean we are such witty, wild women. . . who would smite us? well, really, who cares. . . i'm not changing for anyone. . . :P unless of course there's an offer of money??  ;D
Julia99

Nancy

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2003, 07:16:51 AM »
ohh thank you Connie and Bette. . i didn't realize we could only do it once per day. . .does that make me feel better, uh. ..i don't know, you connie?? I mean we are such witty, wild women. . . who would smite us? well, really, who cares. . . i'm not changing for anyone. . . :P unless of course there's an offer of money??  ;D

My guess the whole smite and applause thing is just all in fun and probably done to just try and drive people crazy into wondering who in the background might be sending good or bad vibes our way.    :-X   I'd be surprised if anyone is really going around and smiting people out of spite.  Just good natured mischief.   8)

Nancy