Author Topic: How Come A Thread is Locked?  (Read 3574 times)

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
How Come A Thread is Locked?
« on: January 24, 2007, 09:18:59 PM »
I noticed that the thread "Discuss-Episode 218" is locked so no one can reply to it.  Any particular reason it's locked and how long will it be in this state?  Thanks.
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Has anyone else noticed...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 09:22:26 PM »
...that you can't reply to Discuss- Ep  #0218??   :-
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: How Come A Thread is Locked?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 09:29:16 PM »
The plan is that all Project Participants will watch one pre-determined Dark Shadows episode per day on weekdays, starting as follows:
Thursday, January 25:  Episode 218, ...

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 09:32:03 PM »
Because Janet the Wicked accidentally jumped the gun, Watching Project had to travel into the future to begin the topic, and so it shouldn't be on the Current Talk board so early. It will be unlocked shortly after its posting time of 01/25/07 12:02:16 ET / 01/24/07 09:02:16 PT.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 09:59:47 PM »
Oh, it was Janet the Wicked's fault, eh?  Figures. ;D

Nancy

Because Janet the Wicked accidentally jumped the gun, Watching Project had to travel into the future to begin the topic, and so it shouldn't be on the Current Talk board so early. It will be unlocked shortly after its posting time of 01/25/07 12:02:16 ET / 01/24/07 09:02:16 PT.

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 10:33:52 PM »
The plan is that all Project Participants will watch one pre-determined Dark Shadows episode per day on weekdays, starting as follows:
Thursday, January 25:  Episode 218, ...

When I logged in this morning I saw the threads for Ep. 217 and Ep. 218 and thought, "did I miss an episode?"  I placed my DVD in my computer and up came Ep. 217 and I kept thinking that's wrong.  So I watched both episodes thinking I missed a day.  ::)  Then just a few minutes ago while getting ready for work it dawned on me that maybe, just maybe, there was a mistake and the thread was locked until it's suppose to be released, tomorrow perhaps.  DUH!  And here the lovely moderator verifies that for me.  THANKS!!  Now I know I'm not going crazy... should have believed my first instinct.

Yeah, that's it! I hope my night goes better than my morning and I don't think it's last week!

Poor JTW, ... wait a minute... did she do that on purpose?  :o  That wicked woman!!  ;D   Or maybe she's as confused as me... or just over zealous.  [b003]

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 10:47:10 PM »
'Enthusiastic' would be the polite term. (lol)

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 11:01:28 PM »
 :o So Janet's mistake caused the Watching Project to post episode #218 early? Is it set up on some automatic timer? I wondered when I saw that it was dated for Jan 25! That was weird because that meant that the clock was off or seemed to be. And I just watched episode #218 thinking I'd go ahead and reply now. But it's better to discuss this one episode at a time.

Alondra

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 11:16:30 PM »
:o So Janet's mistake caused the Watching Project to post episode #218 early? Is it set up on some automatic timer?

Oh no, there is no automatic timer.  By posting it a day early and in the wrong topic, it had to be split, moved, redated, merged, placed where it should have been, locked, and then explained by your hosts.

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 03:38:17 AM »
:o So Janet's mistake caused the Watching Project to post episode #218 early? Is it set up on some automatic timer?

Oh no, there is no automatic timer.  By posting it a day early and in the wrong topic, it had to be split, moved, redated, merged, placed where it should have been, locked, and then explained by your hosts.

WOW that's a lot of work!  Good thing you have 3 moderators...  [wink2]

'Enthusiastic' would be the polite term. (lol)

YES that is a polite way to put it. We are might enthusiastic about DS.  JTW can be proud of herself, I am.  [peace]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 04:08:36 AM »
WOW that's a lot of work!  Good thing you have 3 moderators...

Actually, it's not necessarily a matter of how many moderators the forum has. Most us can handle the majority of the everyday tasks involved in running the forum, but we all also specialize in tasks that either the others are not as good at or are beyond their current expertise. Midnite is a real dynamo when it comes to the things she specializes in and one of my specialties is working with the database. But when a situation involving one of our specialties crops up, it will often fall on only one of us to correct it, or at least correct a part of it. And if we're not around, the problem has to wait until we are. And in this particular case I was the only one who could redate/renumber JtW's post so that it will be properly placed on the Current Talk board.

Don't get me wrong, though - normally it's a very nice thing that we all specialize in different tasks because it helps to evenly divide the work. But not always. And in those cases it doesn't matter how many moderators there are.  ;)

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 06:02:25 AM »
MB, this question isn't about this thread but WHAT is that avatar you are using?  I was looking at one of the Caption pix you posted with David yelling. Your avatar and David have the same expression!   [lol2]  So what is that?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 06:24:56 AM »
Your avatar and David have the same expression!   [lol2]

Interesting.  :D  But:

Hey MB, what's your avator a picture of, or should I say, WHO is it a picture of?  ;)

Supposedly it's a scene from the movie Doom. But I have no idea because I've never seen Doom and I just came across it while searching for some good "scared" avatars.

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007, 06:41:19 AM »
Your avatar and David have the same expression!   [lol2]

Interesting.  :D  But:

Hey MB, what's your avator a picture of, or should I say, WHO is it a picture of?  ;)

Supposedly it's a scene from the movie Doom. But I have no idea because I've never seen Doom and I just came across it while searching for some good "scared" avatars.

OH I see this question isn't unique.   [clown]  I am not familar with "Doom" so can't help with any answers.  It's IS spooky.  If you ever find out, let us know.  [beg2]

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 06:41:43 AM »
She probably did not do it on purpose but sometimes Janet's own wickedness gets ahead of her. ::)

We love her anyway. >:D

Nancy

Poor JTW, ... wait a minute... did she do that on purpose?  :o  That wicked woman!!  ;D   Or maybe she's as confused as me... or just over zealous.  [b003]