Author Topic: Petition for a New DS Movie  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: PS to Gothick
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2004, 08:50:17 PM »
wouldn't you like to see a new DS that might wrap up some of the original's more glaring plot holes?

Not really.

I think that effort would require altering the universal space/time continuum......the writers on DS left more gaping holes and twisted threads than a tailor run amok.

Besides.....isn't it more fun to come up with one's own version of how things turned out?  Isn't that what has fueled 35 years of fan fiction?

I have no interest in the "summing up" of DS according to Dan Curtis or anyone else involved in the show........I think we fans do a better job of it.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Petition for a New DS Movie
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2004, 09:14:36 PM »
Gothick wrote:

Those electric disc-thingies

and Patti fell again in love with Steve!!
A man after my own heart!!
  :-* :-* :-*

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
Re: Petition for a New DS Movie
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2004, 10:13:51 PM »
Victoria's parentage.
The deaths of Angelique & Edith in 1840.
Where did Adam & Chris/Sabrina/Amy go?(and what happened to them?
How did the 1840 trip affect the 1897 chain of events, not to mention Cassandra coming in 1968?

The other Rainey hit the nail on the head. Other than perhaps the question of Victoria's parentage, none of these aspects of the original show stand a ghost of a chance of being addressed in any new adaptation. They're far too specific to the original to be meaningful in any way to a new audience. And any conceivable new Dark Shadows will be meant for a new audience; diehard fans are gravy. There are enough of us to keep the spark of the original burning steadily, and happily so, but it is beyond unrealistic to think that such issues will ever be resolved except by fandom. And I think that's where those particular questions, and their ilk, belong. Enthusiastic attempts to influence the powers that be are great, I'm all for them; but enthusiasm ought to always be tempered with a healthy respect for reality.

--M
http://home.triad.rr.com/smrainey