Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0516  (Read 1271 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0516
« on: April 08, 2008, 08:10:41 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0516
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 12:11:16 PM »
You can poke holes in this episode like there's no tomorrow, but who cares?  It was fun.

John Karlen had another fine day today being scared of his own shadow.  And the "Shut up!" from Julia was most enjoyable.  I kept thinking that she should knock down that wall herself, but when she got up close to it I decided maybe she didn't quite have the strength to do the job.  Maybe.

I loved the mausoleum business.  Nice bit of magicianship by Angelique, erasing the plaque and making the coffin open and empty.

It's getting to be like a 1795 Reunion at Collinwood.  We've got Barnabas, we've got Angelique, we've got Josette, we've got Naomi - sort of - and we've got Trask.  Not to mention Ben writing through Professor Stokes's hand, and a couple of views of Joshua a few weeks back.  Do they get commemorative knickknacks like keyfobs and pencilholders with "1795-1968" printed on them?

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 02:24:26 PM »
I'm very glad that Julia and Willie got to Barnabas in time.

Now that Trask has gotten his revenge against Barnabas out of his system, now he can concentrate on getting the real witch, Cassandra. I like that his ghost, unlike the way he was in life, was willing to listen to reason when Julia told him he should go after the true evil up at Collinwood.

Cassandra was really mean to Elizabeth in here, making her think she's Naomi and telling her she was going to die. Even though I knew the outcome, I was glad to hear her shriek in fear when Trask raised that flame up against her at the end of the episode.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 04:37:07 PM »
It's getting to be like a 1795 Reunion at Collinwood.  We've got Barnabas, we've got Angelique, we've got Josette, we've got Naomi - sort of - and we've got Trask.  Not to mention Ben writing through Professor Stokes's hand, and a couple of views of Joshua a few weeks back.  Do they get commemorative knickknacks like keyfobs and pencilholders with "1795-1968" printed on them?

Snort.

This juxtaposition apparently confused the staff, since Trask's name doesn't appear at the end.  I could see if they credited Naomi instead of Liz or Angelique in place of Cassandra, but Tony Peterson wasn't even in the episode.

The sobber not only doesn't sound like KLS, it sounds like a dude.

Well that's my hole poking for the day.  [ghost_grin]

I was glad to hear her shriek in fear when Trask raised that flame up against her at the end of the episode.

That was awesome.

I take back what I said the other day about Cassangelique cutting her minions some slack by not using them for the dream curse.  Liz was tortured mercilessly, Tony barely escaped having to fall in love with her, and Roger... he had to be married to her.  Having the dream seems like a picnic compared to what she set out to do to those three.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 10:00:31 AM »
The sobber not only doesn't sound like KLS, it sounds like a dude.
I agree, Midnite. [ghost_wink]

I was glad to hear her shriek in fear when Trask raised that flame up against her at the end of the episode.
Me too! I loved that scene! [ghost_grin] The flame was obviously fake, but it was still thrilling! [ghost_shocked]

Cassandra was being mean when she made Elizabeth think she was Naomi and took her to the mausoleum. That was totally unnecessary. [ghost_mad] All she had to do was make Elizabeth (and Sam) forget instead of what she ended up doing to them. I think Casselique was more evil and mean as Cassandra than she was as Angelique in 1795/96. She relished it, too! [ghost_angry]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 02:28:58 PM »
I too think as Cassandra, Angelique was definitely at her meanest. Let's look at her track record:

(Spoilers):

She started the dream curse, scaring the pants off of many people (Maggie, Jeff, Lang, Julia, Mrs Johnson, David, Willie, Carolyn, Sam, Vicki).
She marries Roger but totally ignores him.
She enslaved Tony Peterson.
She made David mute.
She blinded Sam, then made him have the dream, then rose his spirit up from the grave after he died.
She cursed Elizabeth with a fear of being buried alive, then bewitched her into think she was Naomi.
She tried to kill Adam.

Sheesh, was there anyone she wasn't cruel to as Cassandra?

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 02:57:52 PM »
well, she wasn't mean to Sheriff Patterson lol (looking back, he has to be the luckiest character in DS)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 09:06:44 PM »
No amount of cruelty was unnecessary for Cassandra, since her only goal was to cause as much suffering as possible because she was "evil".    Strangely enough, though, overall she seems less powerful and much more prone to mistakes as totally-evil Cassandra than as merely jealous and possessive, relatively human Angelique in 1795.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor