Author Topic: Selby Birthday / Poetry  (Read 513 times)

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
Selby Birthday / Poetry
« on: February 05, 2002, 03:22:42 AM »
Originally posted by Criseyde on the Dark Shadows: General Discussion Forum on February 04, 2002 at 21:22:42:

February 5 is David Selby's birthday. :) This means I have a grand excuse to add all manner of frivolity to the main page of my David Selby site.

I've also added a clip of David reading some of his poetry to the site and plan to add clips from each of his books in the near future.

You'll find a link to this under the What's New section of the main page by following the link below.

Enjoy!
C.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline MrsJ

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Selby Birthday / Poetry
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2002, 07:49:31 PM »
Posted by MrsJ on February 05, 2002 at 13:49:31:
In Reply to: Selby Birthday / Poetry posted by Criseyde on February 04, 2002 at 21:22:42:

I had the opportunity to see Selby last year at the Hartford Stage when he performed "St. Nicholas". A superb performance, and a truly gracious man. I also purchased his book of poetry "My Mother's Autumn" that night. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was! I found it to be a very touching account of a son's soul searching over his mother's death. When I saw him again at the fest, he seemed genuinely pleased that I enjoyed the book.
I have never particularly been a Selby fan in the past, but that is changing fast, lol. A real class act.

MrsJ.