Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0596  (Read 760 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0596
« on: November 26, 2013, 04:42:58 PM »
Robservations #596

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0596

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 04:34:05 AM »
Did Nick tell Danielle Roget that she had to mate with Adam as part of the deal, and produce a super-race?    This is the infamous (for me) anagram episode.   Elliot breaks the case wide open by re-arranging someone's name with children's big plastic magnetic letters.   I suppose it could all have been fixed with a throwaway remark establishing the importance of anagrams in the occult, but we didn't even get that.    It's just treated as expert-authorized Fact, simply because Stokes says it.   No logic or justification required.... viewers aren't supposed to think, they're expected to ooh and ah and switch off their brains when an Expert is in the room to use his for their benefit.    Sort of like Auto-Correct.....  Why would Nick or Roget choose an anagramed name?   Why not just make one up out of nothing?   Betty Carstairs, see that popped into my head in two seconds.   Laura Petrie, no it's been used...   Wendy Gigglesthorpe.   Marny Sneed.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 04:23:45 PM »
I sort of like the anagram, but probably only because I like Professor Stokes. It's a good chance for him to display his smarts, and Barn and Julia do need someone who's at least a step or two ahead of them. Maybe Nicholas thought that somebody (like Stokes) would recognize the name Danielle Roget right away, and the anagram is supposed to be an example of Nick's agile but twisted mind at work.

Someone (I wonder who) realized that Eve was going to be evil even before she came to life, because she's wearing a long, low-cut black lace dress and black high heels. MW does the feral smile thing very well.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 02:20:05 PM »
Maybe Nicholas thought that somebody (like Stokes) would recognize the name Danielle Roget right away, and the anagram is supposed to be an example of Nick's agile but twisted mind at work.

In that case, it's like the Batman villains leaving necessary clues behind intentionally!

Someone (I wonder who) realized that Eve was going to be evil even before she came to life, because she's wearing a long, low-cut black lace dress and black high heels. MW does the feral smile thing very well.

I think whoever it was was just hoping for the evil.   And he/she was rewarded.   With Marie the word "feral" occurred to me too.    I think she's taken the idea of someone being brought to life, and is running with it.   She's exuding more life than one would have thought possible.   She's more alive than most people seemingly, maybe because she was dead so long, and is grasping onto life with both hands.

I hope those horror movies that used anagrams as clues at least gave a rationale for it.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 08:54:03 AM »
I'm with you on the anagram, Magnus. Why even go there?  I keep wondering who dresses Eve?  Party dress and heels and nothing Julia would ever think to wear.  Timothy has solved the riddle somehow and come to the conclusion that Nick is involved.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times