Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0578  (Read 809 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0578
« on: October 31, 2013, 04:06:12 PM »
No, no, no! It's the Diana Walker episode again!!  [hall2_shocked]

Robservations #578

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0578

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 06:55:11 PM »
C'mon, this is the ONLY time Nancy Barrett was absent--apparently she had the flu.

Meanwhile, alone in his room, Adam is quite unrepentant and wishes he had killed Tony. As he watches Tony drive off, he doesn’t even care any more that Carolyn will be angry. (And that is Tony Peterson’s last appearance on the show, but not Jerry Lacy’s.)

Carolyn appoints Harry Johnson to stay with Adam. But when Harry and Carolyn get to the West Wing, they find that Adam has already made a statement: The door to his room has been knocked right off its hinges and is lying on the floor. However, Adam has left a note. Like all of his utterances, it is brief and to the point. Carolyn kindly reads it for us: You don’t want me. Goodbye. Standing in the middle of the room, she wonders, Where will he go? What will happen to him now?

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 10:04:14 PM »
Carolyn says she should turn Adam over to the police for what he did to Tony. Under the circumstances maybe that really WOULD have been the best solution even though we know Adam is strong enough to break out of any jail. I reckon even Alcatraz probably would not have been able to hold him. Interesting though that she still covers up for him when questioned by Tony about who could have attacked him and why. He wisely guesses that it was over her, but she denies it.

Roger wants to send Elizabeth back to Windcliff after listening to her being buried alive lecture when he hears she has employed Tony as her lawyer. Windcliff hasn't been able to help her so far and it doesn't look like that will change, so what makes him think sending her back there is the answer? Carolyn is undecisive over what to do about the matter...she's still too upset and shaken over Adam's actions.

I have to question her wisdom in sending Harry to watch over Adam. These 2 guys will never be the best of friends under any circumstances...why not call Professor Stokes instead?

Doesn't matter in the end, though. Adam barges out of the room, tearing off the hinges of the door of his room and and leaving Collinwood. He leaves a goodbye note for Carolyn and she wonders what will become of Adam. Perhaps she should have stopped to think about how much damage Adam has already done, even if it was done unintentionally. He's already attacked Sam, Joe, almost nearly killed Harry (not that Harry wasn't asking for it), and now Tony, and if I was her, I would be seriously considering the possibility that he may have abducted Vicki, regardless of what his motive may have been.

Miss Nancy but it was only one episode with her recast fortunately.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 10:51:44 PM »
Good to see you in the WP, ILB.

Louis Edmonds VO.  His first?   Adam no like it when Tony kisses Fake Carolyn.   I can see his bitterness over her not wanting him compounded by seeing the kiss, to the point of rage.   Jealousy doesn't get switched off abruptly just because you realize you have no chance with someone.   Seeing her with Tony just underlined the rejection.

A will can't require relatives to do this or that before the death actually takes place, can it?   Liz seems to be asking for a lot of work and expense to have things ready to go the moment she appears to snuff it.   Her idea seems to be to make sure now to protect her interests, as she sees them, before her family has her declared incompetent and her power is taken away.  But once she's committed, can't the will just be nullified instantly?    I've never understood wills on DS.

Fake Carolyn started to make some sense, explaining herself and her emotions to Adam, and it was a nice, respectful touch for her to confess a little, and lay out her uncertainties about Tony to Adam.   I'm usually frustrated by how characters on TV deal with issues such as these, especially on DS.   On DS, explanations that could easily and understandably have been made are avoided in favor of "because it just is" or "because I said so" sorts of remarks that obviously explain and settle nothing, leading to a long string of tragic circumstances, because of lousy communication.   It wasn't quite good enough an explanation for Adam, though, it could have been better.  And points off for her saying the old oblivious standby: "Why do you have to make things so difficult?" .... obviously it would be very easy on Fake Carolyn for Adam just to drop it, but obviously you can't expect that from a man whose guts are in a knot from unrequited love.   Just switch off those feelings, you jerk, is what her statement amounted to in reality, though she felt sympathy while saying it.

Locking Adam in his room was stupid.   I don't blame him for breaking said door into tiny pieces and running off.   Sending Hairy up to pal around with him and do sleepovers with him, with no end in sight, was boneheaded in itself.   There was an explosive Odd Couple if ever there was one.

My assessment of Fake Carolyn is:  somewhat better communicator than Real Carolyn, but her decisions as to what actions to take are more ridiculous than Adam's....

[female_skull] [8_1_215] [candle_in_skull]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 04:27:45 AM »
The best part of this episode was Adam threatening to kill Harry.  He has definitely picked up this trait from his life force.  Next best thing was the door ripped to shreds. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 02:48:46 AM »
I just wanted so badly for Roger to turn to Carolyn at some point and say, "For some reason, Kitten, you just don't seem yourself today."  [snow_laugh]