Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0530  (Read 736 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0530
« on: August 27, 2013, 04:32:03 PM »
Robservations #530

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0530

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 04:47:37 PM »
Sam seems so youthful in his early beard days. 
According to his tombstone, he'd be 98 now.  ***   Vicki has to stay because of Jeff?!   Jeff has feet, and no ties.  Jeff can get off his ass and follow her wherever she goes.

The big moment in this episode for me is when Sam the ghost (as opposed to Sam the Sham) gets all tuckered out standing around, and decides to take a load off his nonexistent feet in Barnabas's chair, which is always funny to me.   A ghost needing to sit down, I mean, WTF.....

Iz Joe daid?!  Dum dum DUM!!!!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 07:26:39 PM »
FAREWELL, DAVID FORD!

Ninety-eight doesn't seem that old anymore.  [ghost_shocked]

*hums "Wooly Bully"*  [ghost_cheesy]

Although Vicki insists she has to stay because of Jeff, I think it was very brave of Barnabas (whom we haven't seen for several episodes) to ask her.

Poor Adam is consumed with remorse when Joe tells him that he's to blame for Sam's death.

Now Vicki knows that Barnabas is the real victim of the dream curse.

Cassandra is walking through the woods when Sam returns to her, his mission accomplished. Now that Cassandra has no more use for him, she (uncharacteristically, it seems to me, though maybe she remembers that pesky Jeremiah) tells him, I release you. Now you will rest for all eternity. Just before he disappears from the show forever, his image bounces up.

Barnabas and Cassangelique lock horns, then he stalks off angrily. After he leaves, though, Cassandra confesses to us, I had a moment of weakness when I first saw Barnabas. My old feelings for him took me by surprise. But now I must feel only hate!

When Barnabas returns home, he calls to Willie. On getting no reply, he opens the door to the closet. Just like at the end of Public Enemy, Joe topples forward and falls to the floor. Barnabas hears what he later describes to Julia as a "low, mean laugh" and is just in time to see Adam at the window, grinning evilly, for a moment before he runs off again....

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 07:46:40 PM »
The thing with Jerimiah's ghost was that Ang couldn't send him back to his grave.  She wanted to, he wanted it, but nothing.   My guess was that she just had no spell for that part, and she had just sort of assumed that since she controlled him, when she had no further use for him she could just order him back to the grave, no further spell needed.   It was almost funny, hearing her just tell him to go back, without having any actual spell to make it happen... that's overconfidence.

I suppose she's read up on that sort of thing since then, but I heard no special spell that sent Sam back to the grave.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 12:12:11 AM »
The first thing to strike me about this episode is how casual the conversation is between Vicki & Barnabas about the supernatural goings on. It used to be talking about the supernatural in a hush-hush manner and hiding it from the 'normal' folk. It is a noticeable change. Barn mentions not seeing Vicki for a few days and is surprised to hear Cass/Ange is back and that does seem odd that he would not know that already. But whatever. I agree that Jeff being uncooperative with Vicki seems ludicrous on the part of the writers. And ludicrous as well to think that Vicki would think she could escape Angelique by moving away.
Joe & Adam: Where have all the brave men gone? Long time passing. I guess Joe behaves as he should in a DS universe. I'd argue that he should have called the cops but I imagine he'd consider it more important not to lose him. At least he is not shooting at everything that moves. I think we could have expected Joe to shoot Adam, after all, he shot at him once already and that was in the back. He had every excuse to shoot him before Adam got control over the situation. I expected Joe to threaten to shoot him between the eyes when he said he'd shoot to kill, lol. I was going to say, 'stupid Joe' but I'll play along with the script and say, "Poor Joe."
Cass & Sam: This seemed to come out of nowhere. I get it but it bored me. And it was stupidly acted and written and filmed. Including the Vicki segment.
Barn & Cass - Ho hum. Barn looks good in this segment. I guess Cass/Ange thought so too. Her loins were afire. I still love the angst between them - it gives me the giggles.
Good lord this episode is getting messier the longer it goes on. Barn & Vicki, Cass/Ange & Sam, Barn & Adam & Joe. And I care about none of it. This is one instance I wish there'd been commercials. With all that went on in this episode, all I want to know about at this point is the seemingly random gunshot that Barn & Vicki heard.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 12:25:24 AM »
Yes, I totally agree that sending Sam back to rest in the earth was uncharacteristic of Angelique and stood out like a sore thumb in the scheme of things. It was certainly a head turner. I immediately said to myself that he deserved it because she's the one who blinded him, etc. I might even casually think that she was responsible for his miserable death a few times removed but only on a bad day. I was certain she was going to be a _itch and keep him around for a few more tricks, etc. Surprise! I still wouldn't name my kid after her though, lol.
And yeah, Sam the ghost sitting down - for whatever reason - lmao, MT!