Author Topic: Dark Shadows' Dynamic Duo of Comedy, Redux!  (Read 755 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Dark Shadows' Dynamic Duo of Comedy, Redux!
« on: August 23, 2013, 02:38:32 AM »
Hey, gang,

I believe that I posted this thread about a million years ago on the Dark Shadows Forums (actually, perhaps ten years ago), and since DS fans are currently discussing the Adam storyline, I thought that it might be fun to reprise it:

Throughout the 20th century and beyond, Americans have enjoyed outstanding, and I venture to say, legendary comedy teams, such as Laurel & Hardy, Hope & Crosby, Abbott & Costello, and Nichols & May to name but a few.

Today, a bright new duo enters this pantheon of comedy team greats.  Of course, I am referring to Collinsport's two favorite sons, those new Kings of Comedy:

Lang & Clark!!! [ghost_smiley] [ghost_wacko]

Yes, Eric Lang, master of the malaprop, the non sequitur, and proud possessor of that winsomely crooked smile, a great straight man in the tradition of the-one-and-only Mr. Bud Abbott!   [ghost_wink] [ghost_cheesy]

And the younger half of this sensational new team, the irrepressible Jeff Clark, whose skillfull use of the pratfall and the phony limb; and whose unparalleled utilization of humorous histrionics make him a comedic talent to reckoned with for years to come. [ghost_cool] [ghost_rolleyes]

So, be forewarned dear viewer, for you will soon be exposed (or possibly even subjected) to almost unrelenting, side-splitting zaniness.  Understandably, the residents of Collinsport are extremely proud of their two local boys who have made good.  Think of them as Collinsport's answer to Cheech & Chong! [ghost_blink] [ghost_wub]

I therefore submit for your consideration, and obvious enjoyment, Dr. Eric Lang and Mr. Jeff Clark, these masters of mirth and mayhem.  Let the laughter begin!!!  [ghost_grin] [ghost_cheesy] [ghost_tongue2]

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows' Dynamic Duo of Comedy, Redux!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 02:42:05 PM »
Lang and Clark!  I'm seeing shades of the Skipper and Gilligan.

Come sit right back you you'll hear a tale, At tale of a spooky house,
With a crazed doctor doing an experiment, With help of an annoying mouse...

Gerard

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 05:03:29 PM »
A Lang & Clark and the Skipper & Gilligan parallel, that IS truly inspired!!! [ghost_cheesy] [ghost_grin]

No doubt, Dark Shadows' late, great limerick practitioner, Mr. Dennis Patrick, would have wholeheartedly approved of your witty parody of the theme song of the crew of the Minnow! [ghost_smiley] [ghost_cheesy] [ghost_grin]

However, on a "serious" note, aren't you insulting the Skipper and his "little buddy" by comparing them with the likes of Dark Shadows' own "Dr. Vinnie Boombotz" and the good doctor's "laconic" lab assistant, "Ed Grimley"? [ghost_huh] [ghost_undecided] [ghost_rolleyes]

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 09:40:47 PM »
omg...O M G!!!

This is fantastic!!!

Love you,

Patti
What a Woman!