Author Topic: KLS On Coast-to-Coast AM This Upcoming Friday  (Read 1244 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
KLS On Coast-to-Coast AM This Upcoming Friday
« on: April 30, 2012, 11:57:30 PM »
Hey gang,

Kathryn Leigh Scott is scheduled to be a guest on the first half of the Friday, May 4, 2012 edition of Coast-to-Coast Am with host George Noory.

Ms. Scott will, of course, be discussing Dark Shadows, her two new DS books, the upcoming Tim Burton Dark Shadows film, and, certainly, the recent and extremely sad death of the great Jonathan Frid.

Coast-to-CoastAM airs from 1:00 AM until 5:00 AM on the east coast.

You can access the show's web page and station listings at www.coasttocoastam.com.

Bob

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: KLS On Coast-to-Coast AM This Upcoming Friday
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 11:26:32 PM »
Cool - I listen to C2C every morning online when I first get to work.  I'm a little confused about the time changes and how they will apply on Friday.  For instance, I'm listening to the broadcast at around 6:00 a.m. in Indianapolis - which I believe is 3 a.m. in LA.  (So, I sometimes hear part of but never the entire portion of the show with the first guest.)  Yet, when I looked up a local station that carries it here, it said that on Friday nights the show runs from 12:00 to 5:00 a.m.  I know it probably sounds dense but how can that be if C2C is on at night in California. 

Anybody know of some good software/shareware I can download to record it?

BTW: Here's the link to the page where you can sort out your local station: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/stations
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 05:00:42 PM »
I decided to stay up (1:00-3:00 a.m.) and listen to the entire C2C interview with KLS.  So, I set everything up - i.e., dug deep in storage and found an old clock radio, located the local station, etc.) and then promptly fell asleep while I was watching "Ghost Adventures" on TV.  Odd thing though - at around five to one I suddenly woke up, popped the radio on and proceeded to listen to the entire interview.  I must have been working off my internal DS clock or something.  Anyway, it was a good interview and seemed to go very smoothly...Noory seemed genuinely interested in the topic and KLS had lots of time to promote her book and talk about the upcoming Burton/Depp film. [ghost_grin]

“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 07:45:03 PM »
Catslebee,

Yes, George Noory seems to be a fan of Dark Shadows as well.  (I guess being born before 1960 qualifies one to be an avid
DS fan!) [ghost_grin]

And, I agree that KLS was terrific on the show.  I'd very much like to see her speak about her two recent books at the upcoming DS Festival at Lyndhurst this July.  I  especially enjoyed reading "Dark Passages."  It's a wonderful read. [ghost_smiley] [ghost_grin]

And, were you as delighted as I was to hear Ms. Scott say that she is most definitely NOT a fan of "reality t.v.," a la "Keeping Up With The Kardashians"?  Ugh, I'd rather watch repeats of "Thicke of the Night,"  than the televised "exploits" of the late Robert Kardashian's family.  [ghost_tongue] [ghost_wink]

Bob

Offline frank b

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 08:02:54 PM »
This was my fourth appearance as a guest on Coast to Coast AM, three times as a Dark Shadows author and once for my Roswell book. When I was asked to do the show regarding the upcoming movie, I suggested having Kathryn on with me. She was, of course, wonderful. I have been inactive on these boards due to work commitments and had intended to post the notice for the Coast to Coast show last week. Thanks to Bob for posting the notice. Below is a link for those who would like to hear the show for free. Kathryn and I are on the first two hours.

Frank Borzellieri

http://geraldcelentechannel.blogspot.com/2012/05/dark-shadows-coast-to-coast-am-452012.html

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 08:29:59 PM »
Frank b,

You and Ms. Scott were both very informative and entertaining on CoasttoCoastAM.

I look forward to reading your book on the  Roswell Incident.  I think that I've read many of the books on this famous and highly controversial ufo incident, from the initial book by Charles Berlitz and William Moore (whatever happened to him?) to those books by Stanton Friedman (veteran ufo researcher, nuclear physicist and fellow Jersey guy), the late Karl Pflock, and, of course, Kevin Randle.

Long live Bathia Mapes and Wayne Garrett! [ghost_grin]

Bob

Offline frank b

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 11:14:59 PM »
Thanks again, Bob. I wonder how many people on this board recognize the name Wayne Garrett. Not exactly a Dark Shadows figure!

Frank

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 02:14:02 PM »
I really enjoyed listening to you on the broadcast as well Frank.  I was very impressed by your detailed knowledge and quick recall of the fine points of the show.  The title of your book (The Physics of Dark Shadows: Time Travel, ESP, and the Laboratory) is certainly fascinating and is now on my C2C inspired list of reads.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 06:13:02 PM »
And, were you as delighted as I was to hear Ms. Scott say that she is most definitely NOT a fan of "reality t.v.," a la "Keeping Up With The Kardashians"?  Ugh, I'd rather watch repeats of "Thicke of the Night,"  than the televised "exploits" of the late Robert Kardashian's family.  [ghost_tongue] [ghost_wink]

Almost forgot this one...in a word YES! [ghost_tongue]