Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0275  (Read 1607 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0275
« on: April 13, 2007, 03:59:07 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0275
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 05:50:18 PM »
This is the show that we are all waiting for.  We now see how greedy Jason really is

I kind of like Jason dressed as a drifter. I wonder where all the fancy clothes were did he leave them at Collinwood.

It was a good solution for Jason to go downstairs. I mean didn't everyone think that Jason left town?

By the way there is a blooper in this show see if you can find it. It is pretty obvious.  It envolves the famous front room of the Old House.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 06:04:17 PM »
Woo Hoo! The day has come! Jason FINALLY gets what's coming to him.

Willie did his best to try and save his old friend Jason, and all Jason did was abuse him. Even after that Willie broke down and told him the truth about Barnabas. Of course Jason won't believe him.

Jason assures Willie he can "take care" of Barnabas....how? Did he have a gun with him? Not that that would have any effect on Barnabas (unless the bullets were silver). Or does Jason think he can rough up Barnabas? Fat chance. Barnabas could easily wipe the floor with Jason with his cane.

I loved how Carolyn came to her senses and came home. When all is said and done she does love her mother and the fact that she was willing to come back and stand by her says a lot.

Brilliant episode.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 01:39:18 AM »
This episode was sort of neat for me, because a month or so ago I joined the MPI Club.  I've gotten the first set of pre-Barnabas DVDs and watched half of them, so the scenes between Elizabeth and Carolyn were far more believable for me than they were the last time I watched them, because I've seen a little bit more of the relationship leading up to them.

I wonder, though, about Elizabeth and her new freedom from her 20-year burden of guilt.  [spoiler]Two or three months later, after Dr. Woodard's murder, Barnabas tells Julia that she'll have to get used to a new identity: murderess.[/spoiler]Agatha Christie (an infallible psychological source) says that the first murder is the hardest.  In other words, the belief that she was a murderess has to have changed Elizabeth, and can she really change back?  Well, of course she can.  This is TV.

Bye, bye, Jason.  He'll be missed.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 07:48:33 PM »
I've been imagining everyone at Collinwood gradually one by one finding themselves getting misty-eyed about the old blarney-spiller, leading up to one cathartic moment they all reach simultaneously in the Drawing Room together, where they suddenly all blubber uncontrollable and fall into each others' arms and weep convulsively, spitting up various small expendable organs onto the expensive carpeting.    "JASON!!!!   JASON!!!!!!"

I think there are probably as many different kinds of murderesses and murderers as there are murderers/esses.   Well, no, most are just thugs, but for the others, including society types, each handles it in his own way.    Most rationalize or just sort of "swallow" it I would suppose.    Millions of people have done horrible things but have just moved on, stiffening inside but not showing it externally except to family at key moments of stress.   My father was like that.     I speak of him in the past tense even though he's probably still alive.

ECS never really rationalized, not completely, since she felt so guilty about it all those years.    It was an open wound to some extent.    Her mood would inevitably lighten after Jason, which it did, but she would retain the demeanor she's grown into over the decades.    Plus, I think she wouldn't just change back to some light-hearted guilt-free person specifically because this is television.   They can't (or think they can't) fundamentally change a major character.   We always saw her as reserved and private, and now we know why.

It may take her a long time to get used to a new identity, that of non-murderer.   You don't shift gears at fifty so easily, if at all.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 05:31:51 PM »
How do you suppose

[spoiler]Judith Collins adjusted to being a murderer after 1897 ended?[/spoiler]

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 10:56:52 PM »
How do you suppose

[spoiler]Judith Collins adjusted to being a murderer after 1897 ended?[/spoiler]

Are you refering to [spoiler]when she bricked up Gregory, or after she shot Rachel Drumond?[/spoiler]

If the former, I imagine she told herself she did a good deed for society and happily went on with her widowed life.  If the latter, she likely rationalized that she was not responsible for what she had done but had acted under the influence of a spell.

ProfStokes

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 12:13:23 AM »
It's just not that easy, in either case.  But I imagine Judith's epiphany at the sanitarium provided the confidence and perspective to adjust, to both acts.   You make a lasting change in yourself and create more power for yourself at moments like that.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 12:11:48 PM »
Great show!  Good riddance to Jason McGuire! [cheesyg]  He deserved to die, the louse!  Poor Willie was trying to save him, but he didn't believe Willie's fantastic story about Barnabas. [winkg] It was deja vu when Jason opened that casket and Barnabas grabbed him.  I thought JK did a much better job than DP did, though! [bigok]

It was great when Carolyn came back and was supportive of Elizabeth.  Those scenes were very touching.  And I enjoyed the outdoor shot of Carolyn on the beach.

Quote from: loril54
By the way there is a blooper in this show see if you can find it. It is pretty obvious.  It envolves the famous front room of the Old House.
OK, I give up, please tell me what the blooper was!  I'm dying to know! [cheesyg]

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 05:08:50 AM »
I'm not sure, but I believe the blooper is that the jewel chest was clearly visible at the end of the previous episode (on the small table next to Barnabas' chair), but that it is missing as this one opens.