Author Topic: DS Mention  (Read 1082 times)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
DS Mention
« on: March 03, 2003, 04:18:01 PM »
Was listening to NPR (National Public Radio) in the car yesterday (Sunday). During a weekly program that features the best of young and gifted classical artists, the host of the show introduced a female student who had written an arrangement that she stated was inspired by her love of daytime soaps. After her presentation the host was chatting with her and he mentioned that when he thought of soaps he thought of shows like Dark Shadows and One Life To Live.

It's always fun to hear DS mentioned when you least expect it. The best part of it though, was when I caught (in my peripheral vision) my classical music lovin hubs (who merely *tolerates* my DS obsession) turn to look at me. Of course I pretended not to notice and continued to drive home with a smug look of vindication on my face. ;)

dom

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:DS Mention
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2003, 04:27:52 PM »
One morning last week our local radio meterologist thought it would be amusing (I guess) to make poetry out of his forcast.  And he used the names of quite a few daytime soap operas to do it.  And what soap would best lend itself to a wet weather forcast?  Why, Dark Shadows, of course.  I laughed like hell....which didn't amuse the husband who actually has to get UP at 5am.

raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2003, 09:45:47 PM »
It's always fun to hear DS mentioned when you least expect it. The best part of it though, was when I caught (in my peripheral vision) my classical music lovin hubs (who merely *tolerates* my DS obsession) turn to look at me. Of course I pretended not to notice and continued to drive home with a smug look of vindication on my face. ;)

I know what you mean Dom. We don't get to hear these kind of references from the show so it makes it more exiting when we finally do.

My 16 year old daughter listens to the radio stations Z-100 and has her alarm set on that station every morning to get up for school. So one morning I was awoken up to this loud wonderful music -"The DS theme song"    I was really quite shocked to hear it on that station and for the life of me I still don't know why they played that?!!  LOL!!

Cassandra[/font]

"Calamity Jane"

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2003, 10:19:11 PM »
While watching the reruns of Match Game on the Gameshow Channel just a coupla weeks ago, they were going for the $10,000 exact-match thing with the contestant and one celebrity.  The celebrity was Fannie Flag.  The question, put forth by Gene Rayburn, was "Dark...Blank".  Of course, guess what answer Fannie gave.  Unfortunately, the contestant didn't give it and lost ten-grand.  That should teach her.

Gerard

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2003, 10:59:09 PM »
Gerard Wrote:
Unfortunately, the contestant didn't give it and lost ten-grand.  That should teach her.

I agree Gerard, serves her right!  >:(
"Calamity Jane"

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2003, 11:50:22 PM »
The question, put forth by Gene Rayburn, was "Dark...Blank".  Of course, guess what answer Fannie gave. 

I know what the right answer was!

B :o :o BS!

I LOVE GSN!
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!