Author Topic: Where did Chris, Amy and Sabrina go?  (Read 4650 times)

Offline Amy Jennings Fan

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Where did Chris, Amy and Sabrina go?
« on: July 11, 2005, 06:43:39 PM »
When Chris, Amy and Sabrina left Collinsport, where did they go? Do you think Chris married Sabrina? Do you think Chris found a way to break his curse?
No Jesus, no peace. Know jesus ,know peace.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
Re: Where did Chris, Amy and Sabrina go?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 10:25:13 PM »
To the best of my knowledge, they never said where Chris, Amy and Sabrina went after they left the show, and were only mentioned once in passing by Quentin when the writer's realized there were a few loose ends to tie up. I think someone has mentioned a few times that the writers planned to have Chris eventually kill Sabrina, but don't take my word for it!

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 01:17:01 AM »
I think someone has mentioned a few times that the writers planned to have Chris eventually kill Sabrina, but don't take my word for it!

That's one of the things in the Sam Hall article I can definitely see happening.  It would certainly be in keeping with the tragedy which follows most of the DS characters. 
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline AndreDuPres

• Full Poster
  • I don't know, Barnabas. I just don't know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 01:43:19 AM »
I wouldn't consider Sabrina's death much of a tragedy.   >:D

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 04:51:29 AM »
I wouldn't consider Sabrina's death much of a tragedy.   >:D

LMAO! [lghy]  That's cold!
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 05:12:39 AM »
When Chris, Amy and Sabrina left so suddenly and seemingly into the unknown I often wondered where they might have gone since Chris was still under the curse.
I like to think that perhaps the following is what occurred after they left Collinwood.

That Sabrina learned of the ancestors of King Johnny Romana and his gypsy tribe, that they went to plead Chris' case before them and that they took pity on Chris and cured him without the hefty price of a hand or other appendage... once cured Chris and Sabrina never married, she decided to seek her fortune and true love else where, leaving Chris and Amy to travel around the world after Chris writes a book on lycanthrope... That Amy married and adopts many children, she lives out her days surrounded in the  love of her children, grand and great grand children.  Chris also never has children of his own but dies a happy old man at 99 and a half years.

I like thinking this is what happend to the Collins Cousins of Collinwood.
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 06:49:08 PM »
It would certainly be in keeping with the tragedy which follows most of the DS characters.

Exactly. And given how self-loathing Chris was and how he was always so completely devasted even on learning that he'd harmed people that he barely knew, I can definitely see where, upon being confronted with the fact that his wolf-self had killed Sabrina, Chris would have been able to bring himself to do what he couldn't in the past: kill himself.  :(  That's certainly in keeping with the tradegies of most of the DS characters...

Offline Amy Jennings Fan

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 07:40:16 PM »
I'd like to think that Chris turned to God and prayed that God would remove the curse from him. God answered his prayer and he becomes an architect and marries Sabrina.

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2005, 11:50:36 PM »
I definitely agree with the tragedy angle. I could see that happening on the show, and it's likely in keeping with DS that Chris, Sabrina and Amy wouldn't have ended up living peacefully. I don't much care for Sabrina (at all  ;) ), but it would've been very sad to see something like that play out on screen.

Offline Amy Jennings Fan

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005, 05:20:22 PM »
Yes it would. I like happy endings myself.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2005, 07:58:13 PM »
The DS plots conatin few if any actual happy endings. Even when things seem to have worked out for characters, [spoiler]as appears to be the case for couples like Quentin and Daphne, Desmond and Leticia, and Kendrick and Melanie at the ends of the 1840/41 and 1841PT storylines,[/spoiler] one can't help but wonder if the horrors they experienced on the way to a supposedly happy ending don't haunt them for the rest of their lives. And then, of course, there's how the apparent happy ending for [spoiler]Vicki and Peter that audiences assumed at the end of Barnabas' trip back to 1796 was shattered by revelations made during the subsequent Leviathans storyline...[/spoiler]

Offline AndreDuPres

• Full Poster
  • I don't know, Barnabas. I just don't know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2005, 08:51:13 PM »
I just *can't* accept those "subsequent revelations" explained in the spoilers above.  That whole mess was done so badly and so confusedly.  At any rate, I'd like to think that Chris and Sabrina and Amy end up happily ever after...but that's probably not the case.  If Briscoe had stayed on the show, Chris would have probably killed Sabrina or something similar.  Almost every romance is dashed to pieces on the show (except the above-mentioned relationships in 1840 and 1841 PT).

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2005, 04:52:21 AM »
I just *can't* accept those "subsequent revelations" explained in the spoilers above.  That whole mess was done so badly and so confusedly.

Me neither, god what an awful mess that trip was. It never made any sense to me, and when they did include it it was like "What?!" What on earth possessed the writers to write that in I have no idea, it never went anywhere to my recollection, except to [spoiler]haunt Jeb with the Leviathan curse of being vulnerable to ghosts and werewolves, another idea that prompted a "What?!" moment.[/spoiler]

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2005, 02:01:22 AM »
As I recall Amy did seem to exert some control over Chris's werewolf character.  It seems that Chris would never hurt her.  Amy with her psychic abilities would know if she saw the star on Sabrina's forehead would warn her.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Amy Jennings Fan

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2005, 02:35:34 AM »
As I recall Amy did seem to exert some control over Chris's werewolf character.  It seems that Chris would never hurt her.  Amy with her psychic abilities would know if she saw the star on Sabrina's forehead would warn her.

When Amy first met Elizabeth Stoddard. Chris's werewolf character ran away from her. I think it was because he loved her. Love is the most powerful force in this world.

I don't think Amy knew what the star meant. She just thought it meant that someone had to go away. She saw the star on Carolyn's forehead and thought that Carolyn had to go away like her cousin Joe.