Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0409  (Read 1048 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0409
« on: October 18, 2007, 06:15:46 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0409
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 07:41:55 AM »
How many hugs or falling-into-somebody's-arms are there in this episode?  At least five.

The bat in the living room was very eerie – perhaps all the more eerie because it didn't look like a real bat.    It was as if Barnabas's soul had left his body and was heading wherever souls go – but of course that was wrong; the bat had merely completed its task and was on its way to...who knows where?

Grayson Hall's characters and Kathryn Leigh Scott's characters had varied relationships over the course of the series – doctor/patient, loving aunt/loving niece, enemies, friends.  It's fun to watch.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 12:36:42 PM »
I don't have these episodes at work (where I'm at) so I'm going by Robin's write-ups. What I do remember is that Barnabas' death scene was one of the saddest deaths on the show. After Barnabas died there was a heartwrenching tremor in Josette's voice that just kills. KLS and JF were absolutely at their best, hell the whole cast were at their best here. Definitely a definitive episode.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 10:32:09 AM »
Kudos to all the actors in this episode - they all did a fabulous job! [clap2] Indeed, it was filled with much sadness. [bawl] Even Joshua was at Barnabas' bedside.

It seemed to me that the bat represented Barnabas' spirit, which didn't leave the usual way and go to the usual place. Instead, it was in the bat - a harbinger of what was to come.  [Bat]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hall2_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 10:56:57 AM »
Hmm, maybe the bat was a courier for the devil, carrying away Barnabas's humanity, and leaving behing his vampire essence.

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 07:36:59 PM »
This is one of the most touching and heart-wrenching episodes of the entire series. The acting was superb by all!

It's one of my favorite episodes, and because I'm a hopeless romantic, I loved the last moments Josette and Barnabas had together.  [hall2_sad] [hall2_cry]

Poor Naomi and Joshua, all this tragedy heaped upon them, and they're helpless to stop it.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 11:16:27 PM »
Very sad episode indeed. Barnabas's death scene was exceprionally well-acted. It had to be very confusing for Josette after having read (or been read to by Natalie) the Collins family history book. Some facts were true, but some were not. When she heard Joshua announce that he would  tell all that Barn went to England, which agrees with the book, she was absolutely astounded. Knowing that Barnabas is dead, I wonder how she will rationalize the account of his life in the book.  [hall2_huh]

Misty
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!