Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0833  (Read 1547 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0833
« on: July 29, 2009, 10:50:22 PM »

IluvBarnabas

Re: Discuss - Ep #0833
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 02:25:56 AM »
Wow, no one's commented on this episode. Okay, I'll bite.

First I have to comment I admire Charity/Pansy's smarts...she knows a troublemaker when she knows one. I do consider golddiggers troublemakers, and even though Amanda has started to fall for Quentin's charms, me thinks she's still in cohoots with Tim to ruin Trask and seize the Collins fortune.

Also loved Charity/Pansy telling Trask she'll kick him and Amanda out once she marries Quentin even knowing [spoiler] her dream of being his bride will never come to pass. [/spoiler]

Tate up to this point is more bland than annoying. I don't particularly find the scenes between him and Amanda very interesting to watch. Oh, well...one has to take the dull with the enthralling, I guess.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 09:49:03 AM »
Major Milestones: [milestone]
1. Amanda played Quentin's music. It was the first time someone besides Quentin played it.
2. Tate and Amanda met. Amanda told him she didn't remember anything before March 11, 1895.
3. Tate found the first sketch he made of Amanda, which was dated March 11, 1895!
4. While sketching fruit, Tate drew a vase, and it magically appeared!
5. The first time Amanda and Quentin danced and kissed.

Charity/Pansy was out of control. She was jealous of all women who were involved with Quentin and had an unrealistic fantasy about her and Quentin getting married. Trask tried to control her, but she would have nothing of that and decided to leave the house.  [ghost_mad]

Charity has gone, where, we don't know, but she's intending to re-charge Pansy Faye's batteries (and why didn't she change back as the others did)?
I think Charity was still "possessed" by Pansy Faye and didn't change back like the others did because Count Petofi used his powers on her separately from the others. He put the spell on her to make her shut up about Quentin's curse.  [lpsldg]

Trask sure was possessive of Amanda - more so than his own daughter! Charity/Pansy gave him an ultimatum - either he got rid of Amanda, or she would leave. He refused to kick Amanda, a woman he had just met, out of the house and do what his own daughter wanted. [ghost_shocked]

Tate up to this point is more bland than annoying. I don't particularly find the scenes between him and Amanda very interesting to watch.
I disagree. I think the whole idea of Tate's creating Amanda is fascinating! Too bad I don't have that power - if I did, I would create loads of money for myself! [ghost_wink]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass][hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 03:08:51 AM »
The idea of an artist creating a woman is fascinating onto itself...it's the characters of Tate and Amanda themselves I don't care very much for. [ghost_azn]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 05:42:19 AM »
1. Amanda played Quentin's music. It was the first time someone besides Quentin played it.

Robservations 11/12/02 - #722
Jamison sits in Quentin's chair in his room, listening to his uncle's music. "Please," he begs, "don't be dead! Don't leave me alone."

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 11:47:48 AM »
Oops! You caught me again! [6184] I forgot about Jamison playing the music while grieving Quentin's "death". How about this, then? [ghost_undecided]

1. Amanda played Quentin's music. It was the first time someone played it without knowing it was Quentin's Theme.  [ghost_wink]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »
It was clever how they sequenced from Quentin's portrait to Amanda's.  I agree that Tate is boring.  He is also stupid as he spills the beans about Petofi's involvement and Quentin once again threatens to kill.  It seems they are reversing the Jeff/Victoria storyline with Tate/Amanda. 
I didn't remember Charity/Pansy being so whacked. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 07:37:59 PM »
I don't remember Charity being so whacked, either.  Funny, all I remember of her, other than the song and the accent, is some pathetic remarks about Carl.  I completely forgot her obsession with Quentin.  Today she sort of reminded me of Angelique with Barnabas.  Golly, Amanda didn't know that she was playing Quentin's Sacred Song, but that didn't matter to Charity/Pansy.  It was a lovely fight, from start to finish.  What a shame Trask wasn't content to sit back and enjoy it but insisted on ending it instead.

I expressed surprise a few episodes back when Trask wanted a portrait of Charity, and now he wants a portrait of Amanda!  I suppose he'll stow the Collins portraits away in the west wing, and in the new and improved version of 1969 we'll have the drawing room lined with portraits of Trask's wives, daughter, and paramours.

The vase that Tate dreamed up for his still life was ugly, I thought, but it served the purpose of being distinctive enough so you know it wasn't just any old vase hanging around the studio.

I think this was the third time around that we heard the words to Quentin's song.  I was quite happy when he didn't finish them.  And I loved the look on Trask's face when he chewed out Amanda for kissing Quentin.  He looked as if he was about to cry.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 05:12:27 AM »
I cheered while watching this ep.  And no, it wasn't because Quentin and Amanda kissed (it definitely was not that!)... What made me happy was that Charity/Pansy MOVED OUT!!  Yes, Carl's "beguiling songstress" <cough!> packed the tablecloth-turned-shawl and beat a hasty retreat.  Yay, my dog and I can get a respite from her screaming and screeching.  If only she had [spoiler]actually left town,[/spoiler] then I would be ecstatic.

While she departed Collinwood in one of Charity's dresses, I'm going to take a wild guess that her green hat (which clashed with the other greens she was wearing) and boa were purchased post-possession.

First I have to comment I admire Charity/Pansy's smarts...she knows a troublemaker when she knows one.I do consider golddiggers troublemakers,
Because I find her to be such an inconsistent character, I can't decide if we're to believe that she was having a moment of clarity when she assessed Amanda's character, or if she was simply being paranoid about a pretty young thing being within proximity of Quentin.  On the one hand, yes, Amanda is a lying gold digger, but C/P was wrong seconds later when she accused Amanda of playing Quentin's "theme" on purpose, and there's no freakin way that she would be in a position to throw Gregory out of the house even if she had a chance in hell of marrying Quentin.  So are we to believe that she can be perceptive and then delusional a split second later?

Quentin to Amanda:  "Now come on, we don't have any secrets at Collinwood."
Ha ha ha!

Quentin:  "Don't you dance?"
Amanda:  "I do."
What a huge in-joke, especially after this (DM's showstopping dance to "Turkey Lurkey Time" at the Tony Awards ceremony earlier that year): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EktVzsYjMJk

Q to Gregory:  "I was initiating Miss Harris into the rites of the moon worshippers."
Rim shot!

The earth-toned afghan has moved to Charity's bed in this ep.

Um, shouldn't Quentin be hiding his portrait in wolf-form?