Author Topic: Dark Shadows Photos  (Read 1102 times)

Offline John

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
Dark Shadows Photos
« on: July 03, 2002, 11:59:29 PM »
Hi Everybody.

I wasn't able to attend the 2002 Festival.  Could anyone who was there tell me if there were other photo dealers besides Jay Nass?  Does anyone know of any good DS photo dealers elsewhere?  I'm trying to develop a collection.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Offline RingoCollins

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
Re: Dark Shadows Photos
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2002, 01:03:16 AM »
Trying to 'develop' a collection of photos, eh????

[I thought I was the 'funny boy' here!][jester]

Welcome to the board, John!

i have had good luck with stills and photos from movies and tv shows with:

www.moviegoods.com

the stock comes and goes, so ya gotta check with them often

there is also a place here in Atlanta called The Paper Chase - don't think they have a web site, its a little mom'n'pop shop - but they have DS stuff every now and again, too, and I saw some dupes of stuff I have there about a week ago, you might give them a call at 404 320  1251

and of course theres always ebay, if you can outbid Mark Rainey!

welcome to another collector [and comedian??]
cheers,
Ringo
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Karen_#2

• Junior Poster
  • "WHOA CAMEL! WHOA!! When I say whoa, I mean WHOA!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows Photos
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2002, 01:15:50 AM »
Hi there John,

you would think a nuclear bomb went off in my checkbook this weekend after my visit(s) to the dealer's room [shckd], but I did run into a couple of other photo vendors there.

I bought a couple of nice color 8 x 10's from "Still Things", they have a lot in TV and film collectibles. Their email is stills1@mindspring.com. They are out of Las Vegas, and can be reached at (702) 839-1878.

Also, where I bought most of my B&W and Lobby Card stills (and where I did the most damage) were from Jerry Ohlinger's Movie Material Store, Inc. They are located in NY, and phone # is (212) 989-0869.

The nice lady who was running his table was named Denetia (she is based in the LA area), and she was the one who had some of the lobby cards and studio stills from HODS and *I think* NODS. She can be reached at denetiaare@aol.com.

Speaking of photos, there are 4 images I am looking for, two are from Barnabas' 1795 death scene, where he is lying in bed, with Joan Bennett sitting beside him. The other, he is lying in bed, with the look of death [deadb] on him (I believe this is in the 1993 baseball card series). The other is a classic image of Barnabas in his 1897 attire, standing in front of a lit candlestick, looking off to the left (pretty classic photo).

4th-ly, does anyone know if there is a studio photo still in NODS that is with David Selby mounted on his horse? I know there is one of Kate Jackson, but not sure of the former. Any info passed along on any of the above is greatly appreciated  ;)

Hope this helps John,

K#2
"The Collins blood always had a rather....persistant strength"                       Barnabas to Elizabeth  1967