Author Topic: Those Wacky Collinses and Other Comments  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Those Wacky Collinses and Other Comments
« on: July 03, 2002, 09:10:48 AM »
All right, we know what Cassandra and Nicholas were up to and why they were up so late.  Roger at least HAD gone to bed and came downstairs in his night clothes.  And, Vicki was actually in bed, and so was dressed appropriately.

Then, Cassandra goes to Barnabas.  We know this is already a good bit past 2 a.m.  He's no longer a vampire.  Yet he's there in his house dressed in a suit after 2 a.m.??

AND, Vicki runs to get Julia (one would assume from HER room) and SHE comes in FULLY DRESSED!!!!

I found it rather amusing that after persisting in calling "Cassandra" "Angelique" all of this time, when she finally admits that she's Angelique, the next time he calls her Cassandra!!  Loved the whole scene between them.  (But, again, where did she get the gun?  Nicholas took her powers away; Roger shows up and has a confrontation with her.  She gets away from him, runs to the Old House and is suddenly hiding a gun!

Back to yesterday - I always wondered about the scene when Julia insists that Barnabas must have been buried alive and gets Stokes to help dig up the coffin.  She persuades him to do all of this and to leave her alone with the promise that the next day she will explain.  So, the time finally comes for explanations - he only asks about the Adam suffocation part, not the Barnabas buried alive part (although he does question the rushed, secret burial) - and she manages to evade all the questions!!  I could never get over how she could get out of that one.  He reveals some of what he knows; one has to wonder if he's guessed the rest (the burial part would seem to be a pretty big clue for him).

Even Roger seems to be making a connection between the portrait and Cassandra.  Yet the blond hair seems to have thrown everyone off.  MINOR SPOILER

In a later story when she comes back as blond Angelique, she worries that members of the family will recognize her, and while they seem to note some familiarity, they don't.

Josette

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Those Wacky Collinses and Other Comments
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2002, 10:50:50 AM »

Then, Cassandra goes to Barnabas.  We know this is already a good bit past 2 a.m.  He's no longer a vampire.  Yet he's there in his house dressed in a suit after 2 a.m.??

AND, Vicki runs to get Julia (one would assume from HER room) and SHE comes in FULLY DRESSED!!!!

You know, I found that strange too. I couldn't help but wonder why Julia was all dressed at that hour of the morning?? Even if she did decide to stay up late reading a book or something, you would have at least thought that she'd be in her robe by that time. [hdscrt]

It's funny too about Barnabas being up and still being dressed in his suit. You would think now that he is human, he would at least keep normal hours. I guess the "night owl" is still in him.  Also, I keep wondering where he sleeps now? Since he no longer needs a coffin and and the only bedroom that has been re-done is Josette's room (unless he sleeps there) I can't help but thinking where does he sleep now? Im beginning to think that he just stays downstairs and sleeps in his favorite chair since thats the only place that we've ever seen him sleeping since he's become human.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2002, 02:55:09 PM »
Even Roger seems to be making a connection between the portrait and Cassandra...

Ya think?  ?!?

He seems like he has that cluelessness that is so much a Collins family trait. I mean, he's upstairs with Vicki, looking at the portrait, hears a scream, runs downstairs and sees a living version of said portrait at the front door! Wearing the same shroud Cassandra was wearing when she left the great house.

Then there was all that hidden subtext between Julia & Barnabas, as they spoke in "code" in front of the ever-clueless Roger...

I think all that brandy's pickled poor Roger's brain...
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2002, 11:00:24 AM »
He seems like he has that cluelessness that is so much a Collins family trait. I mean, he's upstairs with Vicki, looking at the portrait, hears a scream, runs downstairs and sees a living version of said portrait at the front door! Wearing the same shroud Cassandra was wearing when she left the great house.

It seemed funny seeing Roger getting all worked up over this "old woman" and actually running outside in his robe at 2am to go looking for her.  I don't even think he would have gotten that upset if it had been his own son missing!! ;)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2002, 04:39:48 PM »
O.K. the whole suit thing blows me away.  Even if Barnabas is a night owl and stays up half the night don't you think he might have at least got rid of the tie. Poor Barnabas never gets to wear anything remotely comfortable or casual.
I am a person who usual doesn't get in her P.J.'s until just before I jump in the bed but the shoes are off and the comfortable clothes are on.  I can't even imagine not taking of the  panty hose by 2 in the morning.  When I get home from work that is the first thing I do.  Anyone else think Julia's outfit was horrible on her. It was not one bit flattering.  She really got the shaft in the wardrobe department.  

Roger another person who looks good in a bathrobe.  

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2002, 08:16:55 AM »

Anyone else think Julia's outfit was horrible on her. It was not one bit flattering.  She really got the shaft in the wardrobe department.  

Birdie

I quite agree Birdie, I didn't care for the outfit that Julia was wearing either. Poor Julia, I can only recall perhaps one or two outfits that she wore that were actually flattering on her. It's a shame that the wardrobe dept. didn't take more of an interest in her clothing,  she had such a nice slim figure and Im sure they could have found other outfits that would suit her much more nicely than the ones they choose for her.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Angelique_s_Sis

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2002, 11:28:57 PM »
?!?  Hm....maybe it's that old-world style of Barnabas as to why he wears a suit at 2 am?  Didn't they usually "dress" for dinner, too?  

As for Julia's outfit....I didn't like it.  It was the wrong color for her and it just looked...um...well...you can fill in the blank for me.  ;D

I always did like Vicki's clothes but that one outfit of Cassandra's looked like a moo-moo.  Horrible colors and no matter the "mod trend" is was ugly. :(