Author Topic: This Is The Way We Wash Our Whites At Collinwood!  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
This Is The Way We Wash Our Whites At Collinwood!
« on: July 03, 2002, 05:29:13 AM »
This Is The Way We Wash Our Whites (At Collinwood), So Early In The Morning!

Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans,

You know, there have been times that I've taken a clean load of whites from the washing machine, and thrown them into the dryer, only to forget all about them and ticked off the next person who wants to use the dryer.  (I'll bet you've done it yourself out there.  Come on and admit it!)

Well, as we've all seen, Carolyn has been sneaking food up to Adam in the West Wing.  I got to thinking about how Carolyn also has the sole responsibility of providing Adam with clean pillow cases, bed sheets, clothes and underwear, etc.  (Just who else is going to do it?)

I can see Carolyn sneaking down to the Collinwood laundry room in the basement of the great house.  However, what with Carolyn having so much on her mind: her Mom is in the hospital, her uncle is down in the dumps over his second failed marriage in a row, and, let's face it, the nubile Collins heiress has lately been experiencing a largely lousy love life of her own, that it's not inconceivable that Carolyn absentmindedly left Adam's Jockey underwear in the dryer.

Okay, the seemingly perpetually querulous Mrs. Sarah Johnson goes down to the laundry room to put some wash in the dryer.  To Mrs. J.'s surprise, she spies some undies in the dryer.  Mrs. Johnson grabs a rather large pair of men's shorts with both hands, holds them up to the light for a better look, and exclaims incredulously, "Jesus Christ, whose freaking drawers are these!?!"

Mrs. Johnson tries to determine just who is the owner of these "king-sized" undies.  They're too big for Roger or young Davey.  And they're too big for her no-good-account son, Harry, she reasons.  (Mrs. Johnson eliminates Barnabas and Willie for the same reason.)  And, then, like an epiphany, it hits her!  "Vicky must be washing all of these shorts and t-shirts for that stout gentleman, Prof. Stokes, who she's recently become friendly with!"  And, so, an "uncomplaining" Sarah Johnson dutifully folds each and every piece of underwear, and leaves them neatly stacked on the nearby laundry table for Miss Vicky to pick up whenever she finds it convenient to do so.

It's like Dark Shadows' version of either "The Donna Reed Show, " or "My Little Margie."  

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, an avid admirer of that "Domestic Goddess," Roseanne Barr (or whatever her current last name is!).

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: This Is The Way We Wash Our Whites At Collinwood!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2002, 02:00:32 PM »
Honestly Bob...you really do have the MOST perverse sense of humour I've ever met!

"The Donna Reed Show"??!!  I don't ever recall anyone racing to the West Wing with an executioners axe on "The Donna Reed Show"!!  :o

Were you actually doing laundry when you thought up this outrageous scenario?
Come on, 'fess up....briefs or boxers?

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2002, 06:01:03 PM »
Raineypark,

Thank you very much!  I must be reacting to all those years of "ascetic" Jesuit influence during my younger days.  (Young Davey Collins would, IMHO, benefit enormously from some spiritual guidance by this "elite" branch of the Roman Catholic Church.)

You know, what with the closing of Caldor's and Bradlee's, it's been kind of tough obtaining my favorite type of mens's "skivvies."  However, Thank God for K-Mart's!  I can still get my favorite brand of Jockey long-johns at the store which Martha Stewart is proud to be associated with.  I just love my long-johns in the cool, Bermuda-like weather we're currently experiencing here on the East coast.

Bob the Bartender, who wonders, if like Sir Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger is the next to be knighted, can Sid Vicious be far behind?

Offline Daphne

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2002, 06:21:06 PM »
I must be reacting to all those years of "ascetic" Jesuit influence during my younger days.

Asceticism?? OOOOOO me 2! Or trying to be, anyway ^__^ kewl LOL I'll spare you my soapbox ramble on Catholicism though  >:(

LOL and Bob, you reeeeeally crack me up  ;D

~Daphne, who's thinking of converting  :P
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Dear DaRe: This Is The Way We Wash Our Whites At Collinwood!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2002, 06:38:09 PM »
Dear Daphne,

I've always thought that Collinsport's only Roman Catholic church has to be Our Lady of Lost Souls.  The pastor of this parish is, none other than, Mgsr. Patrick Francis Xavier Rooney, brother of prominent Collinsport businessman, Bob Rooney.

I can just imagine Mgsr. Rooney's exasperation when, he has to hear all of those seemingly unbelievable confessions every Friday afternoon in the church.  It's enough to drive a poor prelate to drown his sorrows at the Blue Whale!

Sincerely.

Bob the Bartender, who fondly recalls, as an altar boy, that the wine used in Holy Communion is only 2% proof.  Sister Cordes explained if the wine were any stronger, the poor priest might teeter off of the altar during Mass!

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2002, 06:53:32 PM »
Hey, Bob you really crack me up with your posts
thanks for putting a smile on our faces here .
                     Love Anne ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;)
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2002, 10:20:35 PM »
Altar boy huh Bob?  I hope for your sake it wasn't in the Archdiocese of Boston!

Offline RingoCollins

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2002, 11:45:43 PM »
Bob the B >"the next to be knighted, can Sid Vicious be far behind? "<

NOW yer just baiting me!!!  [but have ya seen the latest nominee for the RnR Hall of Shame?  What a f'k'n joke!!  and still no Black Sabbath!!]

Altar boy huh Bob?  I hope for your sake it wasn't in the Archdiocese of Boston!

[evilg][lghy][lpsldb][rollr]
and I try so hard to be 'good'.........

but what is black and white and red all over and can't go thru a revolving door?

[jester]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2002, 12:20:12 AM »
Blue Whale Barfly,

In regards to those wayward, misbehaving priests across the USA, maybe Barnabas' ultimate "handling" of the original Rev. Ian Trask is not such a bad idea after all!

Hey Ringo,

I can see Paul McCartney and Elton John certainly being knighted for all of the worthwhile, altruistic "deeds" (what a corny word, "deeds," from the Wizard of Oz!) that they have performed over the years.  But, "Sir" Mick Jagger, Tony Blair has got to be kidding!

Perhaps James Carville advised the British PM that it would be good politically to honor the petulant, bad boy of Rock & Roll.  I mean, growing up in NY, I remember seeing Mick and Bianca Jagger listlessly hanging out in Studio 54, chilling out for seemingly the entire decade of the 1970's!  

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, bon vivant, man of the world and former bus boy at the Blue Whale Tavern!