Author Topic: Make Your home COLLINWOOD!!!  (Read 6005 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Make Your home COLLINWOOD!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2002, 03:55:24 AM »
I was sent this cartoon just this weekend!!! [you can substitute the appropriate DS reference....]

That cartoon is soooo true, Ringo. I can't remember any of the things I learned in classes that I could have cared less about, but I can remember all the major moments in every DS episode - and I can recite some of my favorite passages of dialogue completely from memory. [lghy]

Thom

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2002, 05:14:11 AM »
Fun topic! When I was a kid my mother had her hope chest in her walk in bedroom closet. It resembled (to my little kid eyes) Barnabas's coffin!

I went to a Catholic grade school in Cincinnati and one year our classes were held at the College of Mt. St. Joseph. It was an hill overlooking the Ohio River. The grounds remined me of Collinwood and a nearby road was called Sister's Hill(ala Widow's Hill) because it was windy and twisty and had steep cliffs looking over the river.

Connie

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2002, 10:38:02 AM »
I was sent this cartoon just this weekend!!! [you can substitute the appropriate DS reference....]
http://www.mindspring.com/~winston9/memories

:-/

Yep - this cartoon is too true.
It's sad when ya have to keep looking at the calendar to try and remember what you're supposed to be doing.
BUT...there's no problem at all being able to sing every word of a Beatles song you haven't heard in years when it comes on the radio.
AND, not only sing the lead, but the harmony as well.
(Not at the same time, of course)  [chkyb]

Oh dear...forgot what this message was about...

-CLC

Connie

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2002, 10:54:03 AM »

So dish, girl! Tell us 'bout this phone call! Do you still have the tape?

Umm...lol...well, maybe if a couple of other people want to know what transpired during the fateful call (oy vey), I'll spill the beans.  I'm sure I posted it somewhere during the last year or so.

No - I don't have the tape.  My friend has it SOMEWHERE but doesn't know where it's packed away.

-CLC   ;)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2002, 11:52:49 AM »
Connie, I want to hear your Grayson Hall phone call story!

That said, I don't remember referring to my home in any Collinwood way, but I do remember walking into a dark-paneled, gloomy house while house-hunting, and turning to my husband to say, "This reminds me of DARK SHADOWS!"  (But not in a good way--we didn't purchase the house).

While I watched DARK SHADOWS in junior high, I was taking French, and our teacher told us to give ourselves a French name.  I was Josette, of course, and it make French class a lot more interesting to me to be called by the name of Barnabas' love.

I have to go to the drawing room now--later!

Love, Robin

Offline DrJulia

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas, Bramwell, I still love him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2002, 06:23:02 PM »
Well, the space where the carpet seam is after the front door, before the living room is the foyer. Our living room/family room is the drawing room. Our small crappy basement is the mausoleum. The attic is the Old House. My yard could be the woods (it has a veggie garden). My room could be Vicki's room. Our computer room could be the West Wing. The larger bedroom could be Liz's room. I have a very Collinwood house. Cool!
Julia Hoffman FOREVER!!!

Offline Daphne

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2002, 10:27:56 PM »

Umm...lol...well, maybe if a couple of other people want to know what transpired during the fateful call (oy vey), I'll spill the beans.  I'm sure I posted it somewhere during the last year or so.

-CLC   ;)

Yes yes, I want 2 know! oooooo I'm dying of curiosity! tell tell tell tell tell tell ttteeeellllllllllllll  :o  :D
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline DrJulia

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas, Bramwell, I still love him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2002, 12:50:29 AM »
I wanna hear the tape! Pleease pleeeze pleeeeeeze :'(
Julia Hoffman FOREVER!!!

Offline Bj

• Junior Poster
  • I've always been quite fond of you, Liz...
    • View Profile
Make Your  CEMETARY COLLINWOOD!!!
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2002, 12:13:10 AM »
On a similar VEIN, there's this cemetary I walk thru near work, and just last week I stopped to read two grave stones that were near each other:  one was inscribed "Collins" and the other "Stoddart"!  :o
Jason: "There's just one thing I don't understand..."
Willie: "I didn't do it -- I swear!"

Offline Lindsey

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2002, 01:50:22 AM »
Robin,

You had mentioned you had the name Josette in French class. We do the same thing in Spanish class, of course with Spanish names. While there aren't too many Spanish names on Dark Shadows, I was able to find one that I really liked and now use. Leticia! The Spanish pronounciation sounds awesome. Instead of La-tish-a, it is Lay-tee-cee-ah. I love it!

-Lindsey AKA Leticia
"What is the truth?" 
"That I love you.  No matter how much I fight my feelings, I will always love you."
                          -Barnabas and Angelique 1840

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2002, 03:12:36 AM »
Well, I currently live in one room and I call it the "crayola box," (moved back home with the folks to finish up my degree and the walls are midnight blue  :P), but that has nothing to do with DS ;)

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2002, 03:33:40 AM »
Well, I currently live in one room and I call it the "crayola box," (moved back home with the folks to finish up my degree and the walls are midnight blue  :P), but that has nothing to do with DS ;)

Luciaphil

Oh I don't know . . . you could tell people you live in "The Secret Room"  :D

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2002, 05:28:55 AM »

Oh I don't know . . . you could tell people you live in "The Secret Room"  :D

Alas and alack, I can't:

1. No lock on the door
2. My mother's closet is up here so she's constantly in the room.
3. The crawl spaces are accessed through it (so both the parental units are up here)
4. I have electric light  ;)

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Connie

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2002, 02:54:01 PM »

Yes yes, I want 2 know! oooooo I'm dying of curiosity! tell tell tell tell tell tell ttteeeellllllllllllll  :o  :D

Y'all wantin' to hear about the Grayson Hall phone call....

I'll post it in a day or two, okay?   :)

There's been a sudden death in my family and I'm not able to get into my "Julia nonsense" frame of mind at the moment.  Hang in.

-Connie

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2002, 02:58:30 PM »
There's been a sudden death in my family and I'm not able to get into my "Julia nonsense" frame of mind at the moment.

Sorry to hear that, Connie. Many condolences...
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...