Author Topic: New Message from David Selby  (Read 953 times)

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
New Message from David Selby
« on: December 16, 2010, 02:04:46 AM »
There's a new message from David Selby on the Welcome page of his official site:

http://www.davidselby.com/index2.htm

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: New Message from David Selby
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 04:44:27 PM »
Wow!   What  a wonderful and touching message.
                     Love   Anne [santa_kiss]
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 05:21:38 PM »
What a wonderfully positive message-- I'm happy he has not lost the exuberant hope for a better America that we saw in him at the 2008 Fest.

My hat is off to Brigid too.  [santa_smiley]

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 04:43:39 AM »
Three cheers for David Selby. I never knew about this DavidSelby.com before (forgive me, Annie), but I admire and support his views. A well-needed boost for the holidays. Thank you MsCriseyde for posting this.

-Sandor

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 05:13:16 PM »
I agreed with nearly everything he said. He's a true humanitarian. I believe he's misinformed about Bill Gate's education plans though. I've been laboring under his High School Redesign for 5 years now. Before his revolutionary "Redesign" we taught 5 classes and  had a student load of 150. His plan upped that to 6 classes and 180 students. Under block scheduling, some teachers have 3 classes in a row, 100 min each. With two six minute passing periods in between, that's almost 6 hours without any real break. I had that schedule for two years. Now I "only" have to wait a bit over 3 and a half hours for a bathroom break. Keep in mind this increased productivity didn't include any kind of a raise. 30 extra students means more work to take home. The program also mandates more meetings, so I'm taking home even more work I used to do at school.

I am not going to turn this into and educational debate. I will read and consider any replies but will not answer them. I will agree to disagree.  I do not mean to detract from Mr. Selby's message, with which I am in near total agreement.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 05:56:15 PM »
I am not going to turn this into and educational debate. I will read and consider any replies but will not answer them. I will agree to disagree.  I do not mean to detract from Mr. Selby's message, with which I am in near total agreement.
I find this fascinating, and I suspect Selby would too. Since he has actually encouraged feedback to what he has posted, perhaps you should consider passing this along via his web site where he is more likely to read it, consider it, and perhaps even respond to it in some way, since he does not visit this forum.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)