Author Topic: The Vampire Diaries  (Read 2727 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: The Vampire Diaries
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 11:10:51 PM »
Thanks MB!  Side Note: I cannot wait for the all Madonna Glee episode! I am gonna be in heaven and laughing till I die!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 04:25:52 PM »
'Vampire Diaries': David Anders to do multi-episode arc

Sounds interesting...

Also, check out question #6: Mega Buzz

Very interesting...

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 02:26:03 AM »
Cool! Never really knew the guy until he did an episode of Charmed in Season Seven.  He played a fabulous part! :)  Thanks for the heads up!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 03:14:35 PM »
Here are two tweets that the Krypton Site Official Twitter page made.  I thought they were rather amusing!   

Speaking about The Vampire Diaries they tweeted:

kryptonsite I wonder if Stefan & Damon ever crossed paths with Barnabas... or if Grams or Emily could hold their own against Angelique?

And concerning the Vampire History clips @ Paleyfest:

kryptonsite Before the Vampire Diaries #Paleyfest they showed a #Buffy clip. I actually expected them to show #DarkShadows as part of TV history.

Sad that the Paley Fest didn't include DS in their Vampire history clips!  [snow_huh]

The Ksite is a site that is first and foremost devoted to Smallville but they also have threads etc. for other shows and they were all over DS 2004 when it was coming together.  Apparently the site runner likes Dark Shadows.  That is where I got all my DS 2004 information.  I hadn't heard of this site back then.  Thought you guys might be interested in those tweets!

Here is a link to the Kryptonsite's official Twitter Page if anyone care to follow them!

http://twitter.com/kryptonsite

Side note:  I personally think Angelique would kick Grams & Emily's ass.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 03:41:28 PM »
Perhaps they showed Buffy and not DS because Buffy made such a strong showing in their vampire poll last year.

And one thing's for sure: Ang would definitely kick Bonnie's ass.  ;)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 05:29:53 PM »
I can only assume that he's the one tweeting as kryptonsite, but Craig, the owner of KryptonSite, is a DS Forums member.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2010, 06:03:55 PM »
Check out question #2: Mega Buzz

Intriguing - especially the second part of the answer...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 04:55:28 PM »
Check out: Vampire Diaries Scoop: Elena's Mama, Uncle John and the Tomb!

I haven't read the entire article because there's a spoiler warning about key details about the finale being revealed, and I'd prefer to wait to see what's going to happen when I actually watch the finale. But if you're read the books (which I haven't) you might already be aware of some of what's going to take place because the link to the article on TV Guide's homepage says, "Finale will draw from books."

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 10:43:29 PM »
I will be staying away as well!  I think spoilers have ruined ratings and tv but that is another topic!  And Midnite...that Twitter account does belong to Craig.  Cool that he is a DS fan! :)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 11:44:06 PM »
A friend read the article and one thing he said was safe to share is that executive producer Julie Plec says that there are 9 "Oh my God" moments in he finale.

As for spoilers, I hate sites that ruin thing by not posting spoiler warnings. But even when they do, it can still ruin the surprise because so few people seem to stay away from them. There was a poll regarding reading spoilers on a site that I used to visit, and the vast majority of the people voted the option that said that they absolutely have to read spoilers so they can know what's coming before it happens. Huh? Whatever happened to enjoying the element of surprise?!

I'm just glad the original DS was on long before the world became spoiler crazy because no one ever knew what twist was around the corner or what character was going to be killed. It made for many thrilling days of edge of your seat viewing. That sort of excitement is lost on much of today's audiences. And no one can convince me that today's audiences are in any way the better for it.  ::)

Now, something like Plec's remark is great because it doesn't ruin anything and it makes you want to watch. If only more spoilers were that unspecific...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2010, 05:47:17 PM »
Next week's issue of Entertainment Weekly awarded an A to TVD's March 25th return. Not that that should surprise fans.  ;)  And apparently we have "deliciously spooky" and "even juicier" plot developments to look forward to. Can't wait!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010, 02:21:35 AM »
Awesome MB! :)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2010, 07:13:47 PM »
I was just recently alerted to this article on Entertainment Weekly's Web site: Scoop: 'Vampire Diaries' to end season 'with a bang'

The supposed spoilers it contains aren't all that spoilery - plus it compares the show to DS. Well, duh - of course it's more DS than Twilight.

EW features TVD in it's Must List next week - but I'll wait until that comes up on the Web site before getting more into it...

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2010, 07:31:17 AM »
They sure came up with quite a season ender.  I thought the fire should have been the finale and was wondering what else they were going to do after that.  Very exciting!
Josette

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2010, 05:34:54 PM »
Here's a review of the finale that mentions DS:

Channel Surfing with CT: THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, SUPERNATURAL, LOST & More!

With thanks to jimbo.  [ghost_grin]