Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0490  (Read 787 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0490
« on: February 29, 2008, 07:46:47 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0490
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 11:26:01 AM »
Typical Barnabas, unable to keep his mouth shut.  Given a few more minutes, I swear he would have told Vicky flat out: "Actually Cousin Adam is going to be me, occupying a nifty new body.  Would you like to come upstairs and see the model I've chosen?  There's still time to customize it further if you see something you don't like about it!"

Is this the first time that we see Julia's brown plaid dress with the big black bow?  Would that it were the last.

It's interesting to see how, even before telling Mrs. Johnson about the dream, Julia lost her preoccupation with it when something engaged her mind.  This suggests that she found the Experiment really rather boring.  I guess surgery just wasn't her bag.

Didn't Barnabas tell Elizabeth, when they first met, that he was the last of the English Collinses?  I'd really like to see how he'd weasel out of that.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 03:10:16 AM »
Cassandra sure was impatient. She made Mrs. Johnson come to Julia so she could hear the dream instead of waiting just a little bit longer for Julia to be so crazed by the dream that she would have to tell Mrs. Johnson! [snow_rolleyes]

I love that scene when Barnabas willed Adam to live, and Adam opened his eyes! [snow_happy] Adam sure had big, brown, puppy dog eyes!  [luv]

It was exciting when the experiment was going on! Julia was turning the dials, explosions were going on, colored liquid was bubbling. Fabulous! [snow_wow]

That scene when Barnabas was saying goodbye to Vicki was quite touching. Although Vicki wasn't in love with Barnabas, she certainly cared a lot for him as a friend. [snow_cheesy]

-----  Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 04:42:06 AM »
It was exciting when the experiment was going on! Julia was turning the dials, explosions were going on, colored liquid was bubbling. Fabulous!

I'm insisting on all that next time I'm operated on, like for an ingrown toenail.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 04:52:01 AM »
This is the episode where Adam is "born."

I couldn't get into the whole experiment thing, but it was exciting to see Adam open his eyes when Barnabas and Julia thought it had failed.

Nice scene between Barnabas and Vicki....it really was better for Vicki NOT to love him....however, in another body does Barnabas think that THAT part of the curse might not still live on?

Lydia pointed out about Barnabas telling Elizabeth awhile back about being the only surviving Collins in England, yet he's introducing a new Collins cousin at this time....I say I don't think Barnabas ever expected to be free from the curse when he said what he did to Elizabeth the first time they met...he certainly couldn't have anticipated having a chance to live a new life in another body.