Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0488  (Read 1133 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0488
« on: February 27, 2008, 09:45:42 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0488
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 01:25:23 PM »
I'm surprised that Stokes recognized Julia's car.  He would have seen it when Julia came to see him at his house, and he may have seen it at Collinwood when he went to ask about Angelique's portrait, but he wouldn't have associated it with Julia at that point. I 'm wondering if he has seen Julia driving around Collinsport, and thought to himself: "That's a fine figger of a woman!  I wonder if she likes cheese?"

I hadn't previously noticed that Barnabas's expression of gratitude to Julia came right after she had indicated that she would take an interest in him where Vicky did not.  It made Barnabas's statement quite touching.  He couldn't love her, but this is this first time I've felt that maybe he was sorry.  Sort of different from him telling Lang that it was "unfortunate" that Julia cared for him.

It's interesting that Julia went to Stokes for help on the dream curse, but then thought Barnabas might have made a mistake in telling Stokes that Cassandra was the witch.  I just can't figure that out.  I started out thinking, "Two different writers, the one not knowing what the other was doing" - but the second writer definitely knew that Julia had gone to see Stokes.  I still like the idea, however, of not knowing whether Stokes was OK or not, and of wondering whether he was the slave in 1968 of Cassandra as Ben had been the slave of Angelique in 1795.

By the way, Barnabas asked Stokes if he always came and went so abruptly, and Stokes said yes.  That wasn't what either of them was thinking when Stokes came to see Barnabas in the Old House and rambled on about Greek revival and drunken furniture-makers.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 02:33:51 AM »
I hadn't previously noticed that Barnabas's expression of gratitude to Julia came right after she had indicated that she would take an interest in him where Vicky did not.  It made Barnabas's statement quite touching.
Poor Julia. I felt sorry for her when she uttered that statement. It's too bad Barnabas couldn't reciprocate. Here's a milestone for you: It's the first time Barnabas expressed any regret to Julia and touched her on the shoulder in a "loving" way. [milestone]

Robert Rodan is a wonderful actor! [clap2] In scene after scene, he just lied there without moving. We couldn't see him breathing or anything! Fabulous! He was very believable as a  "dead" man. He was the best! [snow_wink]

Julia certainly could give Superwoman a run for her money! I was impressed with how she was able to study all of Lang's journals while suffering from the effects of the dream curse.   [snow_sleep] [snow_scream]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 04:36:44 AM »
It was nice to see Barnabas express his gratitude for Julia's efforts for the first time.

Poor Maggie had to relieve that awful experience of the dream but it was necessary for Professor Stokes to get some information on what was going on with all these dreams people have been having.

Once again the good Professor shows how sharp he is....he knew that if Barnabas had asked for a talisman, then obviously he had to have known there was a witch among them as well as her identity.