Author Topic: The June 28th Episodes (Spoilers!)  (Read 842 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The June 28th Episodes (Spoilers!)
« on: June 28, 2005, 09:31:36 PM »
With reference to the point I made yesterday about how it's sometimes interesting how certain elements of the stories either reference things that had happened the previous year or compare/contrast with previous events, what I found most interesting about eps #263 and #524 was how in ep #263, when Vicki asks Sam if she can help him dispose of Maggie's things, he explains that he prefers to keep all of her stuff just as it is, and then in ep #524 Maggie says the exact same thing with regard to Sam's things. Of course, the reason Sam doesn't want to dispose of Maggie's things is because she isn't really dead and only sequestered away at Windcliff. But even so, watching the two eps one after the other somehow seems to make Maggie's real reaction that much more touching.

And thankfully today not only did Liz offer tea to both Vicki and Carolyn in ep #2, but Joe shares his coffee with Carolyn in ep #263 and Maggie offers to make coffee for Joe in ep #524. My faith in the residents of Collinsport's polite amenities has been restored!  [lghy]  (Though one does wonder why Maggie and Joe would have wanted to drink coffee just before going to bed?!  ::)  But who knows, maybe Maggie served Sanka?  [wink2])

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: The June 28th Episodes (Spoilers!)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 09:34:13 PM »
Is anybody else besides me (perv that I am) cracking up over "Jeff has a very strange reaction to Joe" and "Jeff has a dream about Nathan"?

God... love stories *always* make me cry.

Fabulous work again, MB!  Love the snap of mess-in-a-dress Carolyn falling apart surrounded by studs at the Blue Whale in Episode Two.  "Mother! WHY do I have to CHOOSE??"

G.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 10:19:15 PM »
if i remember correctly in episode 524 they make a point to mention that even though joe was spending the night at the evans' cottage he was going to sleep on the couch.

maggie and joe had been dating for nearly two years by this point but i guess "does she or doesn't she?" was a question that still hung in the air back then(and not just hair color...which maggie so did!).

they must have been waiting for thier wedding night.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 11:27:51 PM »
Is anybody else besides me (perv that I am) cracking up over "Jeff has a very strange reaction to Joe" and "Jeff has a dream about Nathan"?

Me, me!  ;)

Fabulous work again, MB! Love the snap of mess-in-a-dress Carolyn falling apart surrounded by studs at the Blue Whale in Episode Two. "Mother! WHY do I have to CHOOSE??"

Ditto...nice job with those slideshows, MB! I also love the moment when Strake, Burke's private dick {grin}, observes the dancing Carolyn and says: "I wish my wife would wiggle like that"  >:D

I LUV DS!  :-*

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*