Author Topic: No, governor, zombies are not the problem  (Read 382 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
No, governor, zombies are not the problem
« on: November 18, 2018, 07:07:15 PM »
No, governor, zombies are not the problem

This article mostly criticizes Kentucky's Gov. Matt Bevin for blaming The Walking Dead for violence in America. But it also brings up how back in the day DS and The Exorcist 'were labeled as "satanic."' Seemingly, horror has all too often been a scapegoat...

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: No, governor, zombies are not the problem
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 02:10:43 AM »
As a TWD fan, I recall the seasons where survivors lived in the walled-off Alexandria when a congresswoman from Ohio decided not to evacuate to go from Washington, DC and back home when the infestation started, but stay and help as many locals to survive.  No politics were involved.

That being said, I, as a fan, think it's time to wrap this puppy up.  It has now jumped six years and the survivors continue to deal with the same-old-same-old.  Make-up has been used to somewhat age the stars (only two from the original series remain - Carol and Darryl are all that's left).  It's now almost a decade since the zombie apocalypse has decimated around 98% of the world's populace.  The few that live in the remnant of the Virginia suburb have only a windmill and corn-grown ethanol for limited fuel.  This one is sleeping with that one and new characters come and are dispatched with regularity that one needs a score card. 

Often I now have it on as background while I spend my time reading DSforums.  Time to wrap it up.

Gerard