Author Topic: Dr. Woodard's last episodes  (Read 3146 times)

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
Re: Dr. Woodard's last episodes
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 03:07:37 AM »
Well I'm ashamed to admit it but I guess that I am often guilty of being attracted to what looks good. Like Quentin and Willie. IMO Quentin is gorgeous and Willie is adorable. Harry Johnson is ugly IMO, and I am not at all attracted to Barnabas. But I said in a post a few days ago that it's a good thing that everyone isn't attracted the same way. There is a fan on this board who adores Harry Johnson. There are more fans that love Barnabas than Willie, Quentin and all the others combined. Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.

One thing I think is true of most of us though is that while we may be attracted to what looks good at the first, if that person has a stinko personality, if they are selfish, self centered and think the world revolves around them they will not remain attractive for long. I think most people will look beyond what we find attractive or not so attractive to find what lies beneath the surface. Beauty is only skin deep as they say. And I had rather be married (and have been for nearly 22 years) to someone who is not as gorgeous as Quentin, but who loves me in spite of my great imperfections rather than that person who is attractive to look at but has greater personality flaws.

Alondra

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 03:12:20 AM »
Um, I guess you can tell which character I really love, lol. [love10]

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 03:21:12 AM »
Um, I guess you can tell which character I really love, lol. [love10]

I think your name sort of gives it away. The name I registered under is AlondraLovesWillie but I prefer to go by just Alondra, since I also have a huge crush on Quentin.

Alondra

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 03:27:14 AM »
Well, at first I was gonna register under my real name, which is Beth (like the kind-hearted maid) but then people might think she was my favorite character if I registered under that.. Don't get me wrong, I really like Beth a lot, but my #1 fav is Barnabas.

But I really like Quentin and Willie a lot too.

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 03:29:47 AM »
I'm sure my name gives it away, too. :)

Whether or not Gerringer was more attractive doesn't factor into my feelings for Woodard. He really embodied the character to me. He made him more than just the doctor, if that makes sense. He wasn't there very long, but he did a great job with the role and gave the character a personality, so I was never really able to accept Turgeon.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 03:39:30 AM »
"AlondraLovesWillie"...that could be so easily misinterpreted.

I don't like Gregory Trask a whole hell of a lot.    Presumably I'm a relative, but the white sheep of the family.

Gerringer is the last guy I expected to be a heart-throb... he's more Dad-like.

Mainstream, cliche "good looks" put me on my guard a bit.   I've never attributed wonderful personal qualities to supermodels, say, just because they're pretty.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2007, 04:23:06 AM »
"AlondraLovesWillie"...that could be so easily misinterpreted.

You're so right! Good thing I just use Alondra on the board but my user name that I register under is AlondraLovesWillie, I meant Willie Loomis of course.

I don't like Gregory Trask a whole hell of a lot.    Presumably I'm a relative, but the white sheep of the family.

That's good. I really hate Gregory Trask with a passion. He's the character I most love to hate.

Gerringer is the last guy I expected to be a heart-throb... he's more Dad-like.

As a kid I would think so but I'm nearly 48 now and he's looking very good. I also find myself liking Sam Evans, he's rather cute also.

Alondra