Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0994  (Read 1243 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0994
« on: May 06, 2010, 11:58:39 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0994
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 05:36:08 AM »
Jerry Lacy looked incredibly natural when he knocked that glass over.  It was hard to believe, when he talked in such a friendly fashion with Quentin and with Amy, that this was the same guy who played Gregory Trask.

We got the big bajour today.  We were all hyped up for Angelique's ghost, and we what we got was the ghost of a total stranger.  But he was a pretty stranger, and he did a very pretty beckoning job.  It reminded me of the good old days of the Dream Curse.  Nobody from that storyline was here today, though of course Lela Swift was directing and would have remembered.

Two days ago Hoffman got a mention when Alexis said she didn't want to leave the pruned leaves of the chrysanthemum for Hoffman to worry about, and today we learned that Hoffman was taking some time off.  I've always assumed Hoffman made some sort of a scene with Alexis and got sent away to cool down.  And of course I wish I could have seen it.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 03:07:07 AM »
I think the only purpose of PT Trask was to make fans squee, as UK Dr Who fans might say.   Look!  Aaa!  It's Trask!   The appearance of a Trask in a storyline is a classic moment, but that's all we get from this character.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 10:04:16 PM »
I think there's a little more to it than that, but it comes later.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 02:34:08 AM »
I guess Damion Edwards can play the piano also. I guess that might have been one
of the things they all had in common.

Amy dress was a tribute to Victoria Winters.

I had a thought while I have been watching. Was blue tights really popular back then.

[spoiler]I regular time I seem to remember that Grayson used to wear a lot of blue panty hose.[/spoiler]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 06:33:56 PM »
For its staff alone, PT Collinwood has its regular time counterpart beat.  We've seen or heard about a butler, cook, chambermaids, a gardener, the estate manager, and a very hands-on maid.

Trask to Quentin (about Hoffman):  "I do hope it wasn't a family emergency that called her away."
Hoffman has family?!
Quentin to Trask:  "Occasionally, even Hoffman needs rest, so I sent her to visit her friends."
She has friends??!!

Trask to Quentin:  "I had to go up and get the keys to the car. I can take Amy into town now."
I thought it was decided that Amy would stay at Loomis House since her brother was leaving soon for a trip.  Did I miss something?

I suppose it's possible for there to be a window in a basement that's accessible only from inside Collinwood. (??)

I'm assuming, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that Dameon was the spirit that spoke through Sabrina at both seances.  But if so, what caused him to haunt Collinwood only after seance #2?

If anyone besides me has wondered why Jered Holmes didn't have a bigger career, here's info I was able to gather (like, just this morning) on this very creative man:  The actor, singer, model, photographer, thrift shop aficionado, and self-taught artist was 30 (give or take a year) when he played Dameon the ghost.  In the summer of 1970, he appeared on "Another World" as the attorney of Robin Strasser's Rachel; that role lasted less than a year.  He starred on Broadway in 1972 in "That's Entertainment," but very poor reviews led to the musical's withdrawal after only 4 performances.  In the mid 80s, he made a couple of films and had a small role in "As the World Turns," but it was the technique he invented for waterproofing collage pieces, particularly plates that he created as gifts for celebrity friends, that led to requests and made him a well-known decoupage artist.  Holmes passed away in the early 90s.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 05:55:20 PM »
Amy dress was a tribute to Victoria Winters.

[lghy]

what caused him to haunt Collinwood only after seance #2?

I've always surmised that [spoiler]the appearance of Alexis has something to do with Dameon's appearance. Perhaps he knows the twist that is to come. He always seems to be warning of something impending. And we know that Angelique banishes him because she doesn't want him interfering.[/spoiler]

If anyone besides me has wondered why Jered Holmes didn't have a bigger career, here's info I was able to gather (like, just this morning) on this very creative man:  The actor, singer, model, photographer, thrift shop aficionado, and self-taught artist was 30 (give or take a year) when he played Dameon the ghost.  In the summer of 1970, he appeared on "Another World" as the attorney of Robin Strasser's Rachel; that role lasted less than a year.  He starred on Broadway in 1972 in "That's Entertainment," but very poor reviews led to the musical's withdrawal after only 4 performances.  In the mid 80s, he made a couple of films and had a small role in "As the World Turns," but it was the technique he invented for waterproofing collage pieces, particularly plates that he created as gifts for celebrity friends, that led to requests and made him a well-known decoupage artist.  Holmes passed away in the early 90s.

Thanks so much for that.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 07:19:43 PM »
I've always surmised that [spoiler]the appearance of Alexis has something to do with Dameon's appearance. Perhaps he knows the twist that is to come. He always seems to be warning of something impending. And we know that Angelique banishes him because she doesn't want him interfering.[/spoiler]

Thanks, it makes perfect sense now.