Author Topic: Is this where we post suggestions?  (Read 1332 times)

Offline Julianka7

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
Is this where we post suggestions?
« on: June 23, 2002, 05:18:07 AM »
I was just thinking it would be nice to have a section
for--I don't know what to call it. Like the ads in the back of the newspaper. This would be where people could
post ads for trading DS stuff, or selling it.
What do you think?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Is this where we post suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2002, 06:12:01 AM »
Great minds must think alike, Julianka7, because Midnite and I discussed that very thing and decided that we should have a board like that on the forum. :) However, for the past five months we've been concentrating on putting together/perfecting the Members' Archive. (Which I'm very happy to say is set to "officially" launch in a few more days, thanks in no small part to some randomly selected "cousins" who've been taking it for a test drive. [thumb]) But a board where members can post ads to sell DS stuff is certainly on my to do list - and thanks for giving me the incentive to move it closer to the top of that list. [wink2]

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2002, 06:40:18 AM »
Thanks MB  :D I'll look forward to the new ad section.
What is the Members' Archive?
I love the  DS forums.

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2002, 07:02:46 AM »
I've been wondering if we could have an "Off Topic" section.  This is such a nice friendly group - there could be times one would want to mention things or perhaps ask for suggestions about something, etc. that have nothing to do with DS.  While there's an occasional OT post on the main board, one wouldn't want to do too much of that.  At the WordPerfect forum I follow, they've set up a "Chit Chat" section where one can bring up anything.
Josette

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2002, 07:59:47 AM »
What is the Members' Archive?

The Members' Archive is briefly mentioned in my "Benefits Of Registration" post under "Why Register?". Members - or "Cousins," as we like to call them ;) - can earn access to this special area where they'll find boards featuring a cross section of DS related stuff (i. e. articles, photos, video, fan art work, celebrity chat transcripts (mostly culled from the now defunct Dark Shadows Online Forum which was hosted on AOL by Digital Cities Online from 1996-2000), etc.).

Everything will be explained very shortly when the archive "officially" launches" [wink2]  

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2002, 08:07:33 AM »
I was just thinking it would be nice to have a section
for--I don't know what to call it. Like the ads in the back of the newspaper. This would be where people could
post ads for trading DS stuff, or selling it.
What do you think?

This is an excellent idea, Julianka!  

One of our cousins mentioned in a post that she had DS videos for sale so I emailed her privately and managed to buy some off her. I contacted a few other DS friends and, after lots of emailing back and forth, most of her videos are now sold.

But, it would be nice to have a section where we could list our DS items that we would like to sell or trade or list WANTED items, too.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2002, 08:19:58 AM »
I've been wondering if we could have an "Off Topic" section.  This is such a nice friendly group - there could be times one would want to mention things or perhaps ask for suggestions about something, etc. that have nothing to do with DS.

Well, with Midnite already stretching her limit moderating "Current Talk", "Luciaphil's Idle Thoughts" and the responses in "Robservations", I'm not so sure she could handle another board that might generate a good deal of posts. :( But if you (or anyone else) have any suggestions as to who else might be willing to take on the task of diligently moderating such a board, adhering to the forum's guidelines for posting, and working under Midnite - and if Midnite and I feel this person is someone whom we can count on to handle the task, something might be able to be worked out. :)

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2002, 09:37:32 AM »
Well, I know I don't have the time for it, so I'll just have to hope that the idea appeals to someone!!
Josette

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2002, 06:10:45 PM »

Well, with Midnite already stretching her limit moderating "Current Talk", "Luciaphil's Idle Thoughts" and the responses in "Robservations", I'm not so sure she could handle another board that might generate a good deal of posts. :( But if you (or anyone else) have any suggestions as to who else might be willing to take on the task of diligently moderating such a board, adhering to the forum's guidelines for posting, and working under Midnite - and if Midnite and I feel this person is someone whom we can count on to handle the task, something might be able to be worked out. :)

I wouldn't mind helping with it.